1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

J. Vernon McGee

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Sep 12, 2004.

1. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Amen, Bro. Bill,
    When I was on the road traveling with my job, I would always listen to him. He came on from 9:30 to 10 pm. I usually worked 12-hour days and had to drive anywhere from 50 to 100 miles home at night. He picked up my tired body and spirit, reminded me of God's grace and mercy and brought me home safely.
    WallyGator

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is God great and all-powerful, or what? He causes one of His greatest modern-day preacher/teachers, long after his death, to continue to lead people to Him!

THANK YOU, LORD, FOR ALLOWING US TO CONTINUE TO HEAR THE TEACHING OF ONE OF YOUR MOST FAITHFUL MEN, A MAN WHOM YOU GREATLY BLESSED WITH THE ABILITY TO TEACH OTHERS ABOUT YOURSELF!

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I "had" a complete set of his "Thru the Bible" commentaries! Five book set! Man, I was so proud of that set!!!

Then . . . then . . . then . . . I made the fatal mistake of "lending"(bare down on that word in italics!!) a book from the set to a friend! I hadn't seen that book since! I asked the fella---

"Say, Man! I need that J. Vernon book back!!"

"Dude! You ain't never lent me any book!!"

Sorry Sucker was liein' to me!!

Well, guess what!!???? The books aren't sold seperate but as a commentary collection---I can't see paying $100.00 for the set just to have that one lone book that got permanately loaned!!

4. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Love to read his books, hate to listen to that S'uthin drrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwlllllll!

Too painful for my Middle Ga ears [​IMG]