1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Hyles

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Preacher Boy88, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Preacherboy,

Id have to agree that a discussion about Hyles is really not very productive. I know that your opinion about him is not going to change, right? I know where you come from, and for the most part Im with ya. However, what difference does it make? It matters not at all what my opinion of Hyles is/was/will be.....nor does it really matter for eternity what your opinion of him is, or what anyone else's opinion of him is. He was a man, he did what he believed God led him to do as best he could, albeit not infallibly of course, and now he is in Heaven. I say let him rest in peace. :) Know what I mean?

Ive got to say, I do see where JArthur is coming from. The stories about himself did become more and more common throughout the latter years of his preaching. They grew to be a major part of every sermon.....oftentimes being what the sermon was centered around, rather than only being a small illustration from his personal experience.

But like I said, it doesn't matter. I especially get bothered when people seem to judge another's "fundamentalism" based on their opinion about Jack Hyles. Doesn't that seem a bit out of whack to you? This is the point where it begins to matter.

PreacherBoy, you go on and do what God wants you to do. Some will criticize out of bitterness or anger, but that doesn't mean that all the criticisms are without merit. So take what people have said, figure out if you can learn from it and if you can improve your own ministry because of it. I believe Dr Hyles was a good man, but he wasn't the "be all and end all" of fundamentalism, either.

1Co 1:12
    Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
    1Co 1:13
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

2. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Gossip? Gossip my hind leg! I'll have you know mister preacher boy, (must not be a man...a girly man, I guess..) I corresponded with one of the sites that I listed. (I ain't telling nobody which one...) and I said, "you know, I know hyles doctrine was bad, but I don't usually put alot of stock in the personal stuff..." anyhow, this person proceeded to forward me the UNCENSORED e-mails, WITH ADDRESSES... about 50 of them... I took all those e-mail addresses and sent out a big message to all of them, asking them to call me and tell me the absolute truth about thier dealings with Hyles and his Church. I gave them my phone number... FOR 2 SOLID DAYS, MY CELL PHONE RANG NON-STOP FROM THE TIME I GOT UP TILL LATE IN THE EVENING!!! The stuff I heard turned my stomach. and because I want you to know about this and since you have the brass tacks to call me a liar. I'm going to tell you some of the stuff I heard.

1. I was told about the poor 6 year old BOY who was gang raped by about 5 young people at that Church, while the morning service was going on, they took him into one of the bathrooms and shoved a rag in his mouth and proceeded to take turns on him. You call that gossip? I talked to his MOTHER!

2. I was told about the young man, who was around 26 years old, who somehow or another, got privy to some pretty sensitive information about some of the goings on around that place. Well, He told some of his "friends" from there he was leaving and why. Well, 5 days later, this same young man, was found shot and killed execution style in his kitchen, he had been shot a close range. his neighbors reported seeing a van full of well dressed men enter into his house. There were no signs of a struggle or forced entry. I talked to his MOTHER and SISTER! and you call it gossip.

3. I talked to the family of the lady whom hyles was having an extra-martial affair with, they were paid great sums of money and told bluntly, if you talk, you will die. this comes from one of thier family members. and you call it gossip.

4. David Hyles was a Cold blooded KILLER. and Yes, I've spoken to many, whom said, david admitted to them, that he did kill his son, and BOASTED how his DADDY got him off.

So, there you go, As Pipedude would say it, "Put that in your PIPE and SMOKE IT!" :mad:

-WTD

#22 TheWinDork, Jul 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

WTD,

you do realize that even if its true its still gossip?

Regardless, none of the things you've mentioned can be substantiated. The "fact" that some bad things happened on the church grounds does not mean that they were condoned by the church leadership. Have you ever been to that church? Its in the middle of the city, spread out over a city block and it encompasses several large buildings, as well as several small buildings. Lots of things can happen there that the church leadership would not condone, encourage or have any knowledge of.

Be careful what you accuse people of based on a website.

4. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Whatever, you wanna worship at that jack-legged fool's altar go ahead, but don't tell me I gotta do it. Cause it ain't happening, that man was a deciever and a liar. and that "Church" was the cult of jack. end of story.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am exercising moderatorial privilage and closing this thread as being, at best, in poor taste.

Roger
    C4K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.