1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JaMarcus Russell to turn Pro???

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by blackbird, Jan 6, 2007.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Russell is "Da Man" among college players----hands down the hottest QB in the SEC

But will he turn pro this year or return to LSU for that last chance at the BCS championship??

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take the money and run, Mr. Russell!

He'd probably be a first-rounder right now. There's no reason for him to come back and to risk having his stock fall.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He's going to look great in a Cleveland Browns uniform :thumbs:

#3 webdog, Jan 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007
  4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Being a little facetious, is he going to play left guard on offence or Qb. or defensive end? I've only seen him play once and he sure didn't look like a Qb when they played Fl. But the other night he looked like a world beater. All I've heard of him is that he is inconsistent, that is on the scouting reports here in Florida ,Georgia and South Carolina. Bet ND wishes he would have been a little more inconsistent.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I don't call an 11-2 season "inconsistant"

You sure those scouts weren't tryin' to read their reports through spilled beer and hotdog mustard---I heard that Press Boxes can get just as roudy as the fan stands!!!:type:

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I think what they are talking about and what I saw when they played Florida, is LSU had the best team on the field but lost, and he didn't have a good game. As I said, I only saw him play one time this year. What I saw the other night he looked great but the ND Dbacks looked slow. We shall see what he will do at as he moves up. But keep in mind I'm one of the folks who didn't think Vick would make it in the NFL and I knew James Harris would be great. Harris has done better as the GM of Jacksonville than he ever did at Qb.
    But I might be lost in time, I still think Johnny U, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh are three of the best Qb's I've ever seen.

#6 Bob Alkire, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

JaMarcus has all of the skills needed to make it, along with a size that would make him the "Shaq" of the NFL...the problem is with his leadership skills.
    I needs more work on being consistent at being the field leader you need to make it in the big show. I've seen more signs of it this year...such as in taking Notre Dame out and in beating Tennessee.

As an LSU fan, i do hope he stays...but i wouldn't be surprised to see him bolt for the money.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

While I was somewhat impressed with him against ND, I have to say that overall I am not that impressed and I am very skeptical about all this talk about him being so great in the NFL.

I have this feeling this guy is the next Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, etc.... They all had the skills to be great...

I would much rather have a guy like Tom Brady who may not be all that impressive physically and have all the big time stats coming out of college, but has heart, courage and leadership skills.

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

We'll find out at 4pm today according to

www.2theadvocate.com

Scroll down to sports section

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Its official...JaMarcus is going to the NFL.