1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

James Cameron Documentary

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chemnitz, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

I just heard about the up coming Discovery Channel feature by James Cameron about the 1st century tomb found in Israel where it is rumored he claims that it is really the body of Christ in the tomb. Is anybody planning on watching? Call me weird but I plan on watching it. Maybe it is because I am looking for something to get mad about.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I never watch this stuff on tv. But I can see why you would too. To know what epople are saying and doing, a lot of unbeleivers will watch and believe. You need to know what they're believeing and why. getting really mad is one reason I don't watch anymore.
    You can always report back to us, lol.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'll watch it if I have the time, if for no other reason than to scream (in laughter and in anger, alternately) at the inaccuracies onscreen.

This should be easier to debunk than a Dan Brown novel.

4. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Let's not view the program with the expectation that we will do nothing but sneer at it. I doubt there is anyone on this Board who wants this alleged discovery of the "bones of Jesus" to be true. We are all committed to a resurrected Lord, and something in me has been singing all day since I heard this story, "You ask me how I know He lives ... He lives within my heart." However, we owe it to ourselves, to the church at large, and certainly to those outside the faith, to understand what is being said, to take it seriously, and of course to critique it carefully.

Appeals to "The Bible says ...." are not going to suffice to make this problem go away.

5. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

It has already "gone away" for me. I'm sure that for others they'll quit the church. Others will say "I told you so." The interesting thing is that this surfaced 25 years ago, was debunked then, resurfaced 20 years ago, was debunked as pure nonsense, and here it is again. satan never gets tired of deception. No one needs to debunk it for me, hallelujah!

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Very good point. The beauty of debunking the Da Vinci Code is that so much information went out about Christian history, the development of canon, and general theology.

This will be a similar good opportunity to share the truth of Jesus Christ.