1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured JEB to drop out Monday

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 26, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hadn't noticed him riding Obama's coat tails, but I might have missed it. A lot of his positions on some issues were virtually the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better phrased as the 'stupidest' president in American history. He's just as stupid for selecting his stupid brother's past foreign policy people. Can you believe that Jeb could be so stupid as to think the American people would believe him when he says he's different from his brother yet chooses his brother's cronies for advisors? Sheesh.

Jeb Bush, neoconservative
    "...“I love my father and my brother… But I am my own man – and my views are shaped by my own thinking and own experiences.”...Curious then that the foreign policy team that Jeb announced today is not just very much George W. Bush’s, but includes two of the most controversial figures from invasion of Iraq, former Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and former National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley. Short of including Dick Cheney, this is the strongest possible indication that Bush is embracing his brother’s foreign policy. What’s up with that?..."

George H.W. Bush slams ‘iron-ass’ Cheney, ‘arrogant’ Rumsfeld in new biography. Also faults Bush 43.

Jr. was no where near the caliber of Sr. as president.

#22 kyredneck, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe there's hope after all. Perhaps a return to 'speak softly and carry a big stick' foreign policy in lieu of neocon 'regime change and democracy building':

Breaking: GOP Presidential Candidates Reject Hawkish Neocon Madness!
    Republicans might not admit—or even understand—it, but they have finally given up on "dumb wars."

"..."The Republican Party is no longer the party of regime change, no longer the party of wars of liberation," writes Eli Lake at Bloomberg View. This is an amazing and important change and it's one that's easy to miss amidst all the calls to increase defense spending, kick dirt on China, and refuse to even talk with Vladimir Putin. But Lake is right: The insanely ambitious rhetoric about not just nation-building but region-building from the Bush era has crumbled to dust as surely as Ozymandias' might works....

...Even Marco Rubio, the candidate with the most developed hawkish worldview, doesn't propose to end evil regimes. He has identified threats from Russia, China, Iran and radical Islam. But his main point is that U.S. power should be used to blunt these powers and strengthen the allies most threatened by them. Rubio is not promising liberation, so much as he is promising deterrence...."

It's probably way too hopeful to believe this is true of Rubio considering some of his past warmongering comments. Time will tell.

#23 kyredneck, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correction to the article: Lindsay Graham has the most hawkish worldview.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we are going to use this thread as a chance to post anti-Semitic stuff it needs to close.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Lindsay Graham] the South Carolina Republican, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, sharply criticized President Obama’s plan to send about 50 U.S. military special operations forces to Syria, saying 50 people won’t “turn the tide of battle.”

“You need a ground force,” he said on CNN. “The air campaign is not working.”

Graham said he would impose a no-fly zone in Syria to stop the flow of refugees, enlist regional armies to help destroy the Islamic State and send American troops as a 10% component of ground forces. The Islamic State is a “direct threat to our homeland” that wants to destroy the Christian faith and attack Israel, he said.

“I’d go in on the ground and destroy the guys,” Graham said. “What Obama’s doing is not going to work.”

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015...-isis-makes-al-qaeda-look-like-a-rotary-club/

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is public information from mainstream media and from the 'horse's mouths' themselves, and it's anti-Semitic? It's anti-Semitic to publish the incredible influence a foreign country imposes upon U.S. foreign policy?

Go here for public information on Zionist funding of U.S. politicians:

http://maplight.org/us-congress/interest/J5100/view/all

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So... is Jeb Bush still planning to drop out Monday? *laugh*

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I bet if he dropped out and didn't have a platform from which to bore us, that his numbers would go back up :D.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IDK I wish he would.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Graham is a blight on the republican party. How that moron keeps getting re-elected is beyond me.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's just a matter of which Monday.