1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeff Shaara

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by 4His_glory, Apr 13, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Has anybody else read the historical fiction of Jeff Sharra?

I have read The Last Full Measure, God's and General's[/I,] Rise to Rebellion, and Gone for Soldeirs.

I have also read his fathers book The Killer Angels.

I really enjoyed "Gone for Solderies as it was about the Mexican/American war, which is somewhat forgotten today.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read Gone for Soldiers, Rise to Rebellion and The Glorious Cause. They're good reading.

3. Kilad

Kilad New Member

I started with The Killer Angels then read Gods and Generals. After I finish "Beyond Band of Brothers" by Dick Winters Ill be starting Last Full Measure.

I believe that Jeff has done a fantastic job of picking up where his dad Michael left off. These are fantastic historical fiction novels which I recomment to anyone who would like to better understand that period in history.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You know Jeff is working on a new trilogy that takes place during WW2. I can't wait till it comes out! (Fall of this year). It is supposed to look at the war through the eyes of not only allied soldeirs, but German as well. Should be interesting.

Kilad, I highly recommend "Gone for Soldeirs". It is like prelude the the other books in the regarding the Civil war, but unique in itself as it stands alone. Some very interesting actions took place during the Mexican War.

5. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read his book on the first world war, forget what it was called. Must admit, I found it rather tedious.

Regards
    Bob