1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Repudiates the Mariolatry Volume III

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

Yes, God died in the form of man.

2. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

How do you know? Have you ever prayed to Mary? If so, did you even pray to her long enough tos ee if it would work? If not, how can you say something doesn't work when you haven't tried it?

Members of the RCC and other liturgically based religions don't worship her. They simply honor (venerate) her.

How do you know members of the RCC and other liturgically based religions worship her? Have you spent sufficient time around these people and their prayers to her and whatnot to know they actually worship Mary? Probably not. Therefore, how can Catholics and other liturgically based Christians worship her?

If you want to know why Catholics and memebrs of other liturgically nased religions do what they do and say what they say when it comes to Mary then you need to go to them, ask them, learn from them instead of going off what others of your kind say in that it's wromg and whatnot.

#142 GodlyWoman, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2007
  3. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

He converted after he started a journey to learn more about Catholics and Catholicism. He wanted to know why they did the things they did and why they said the they said. Eventually, his eyes opened the more chose to become "educated" about Catholics and Cathoilicism.

How do you know he's teaching false doctrine? Have you actually looked at the doctrines he's teaching and defending? Have you studied them in the same way he has? Probably not. Therefore, how can you say he's teaching false doctrine?

I can't see how somene can say doctrines of the Catholics and liturgically based religions are wrong when they've never cared to study them let alone learn from Catholics and members of other liturgically based religions.

4. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

Lastly, we know it doesn't say Trinity in the Bible yet we don't dispute it and reject it. Therefore, why do we dispute and reject Mary Mother of God, especially when it tells us in the Bible that Mary is Blessed along with the fruit of her womb? Even Mary comes out and says that all generations shall call her Blessed!!! Yet, you people REFUSE to do just that!

#144 GodlyWoman, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  5. standingfirminChrist

There is not one command in the Word of God that says we are to pray to Mary. As a matter of fact, if we were allowed to pray to Mary, Jesus would have told us so in the Model prayer; in which He said:

After this manner, pray ye:

Our Father, which art in Heaven.
    Hallowed be Thy name....

The prayer is to be to the Father, not Mary. Any prayer not to the Father is against the Lord's command.

Jesus said in another place:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

If we were supposed to pray to Mary, Jesus Himself would have told us to. But, since He did not, nor did any of the Apostles, we know any who try to deceive you into praying to Mary are bringing you a message that is not of God.

They are bringing you another Gospel than that which we have received and preached... they, according to God's infallible Word, are anathema.

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Here are a few things to think about....

God implanted his own seed into his own Mother?? Isn't that a little kinky?

God implanted his seed into a female, a human. This is biblical

Mary did nothing to interceed on anyone's behalf when she lived on earth. So... why do you pray she will interceed on your behalf now? What bible verses offer support for this belief? Jesus intereceed upon many people's behalfs while on earth, and continues to in heaven. So what was Mary's excuse?

Read your bible, read the story from beginning to end over and over. Poor Mary is nothing more than a mere human.

#146 Joe, Dec 24, 2007
  7. standingfirminChrist

For in the day you eat thereof your eyes shall be opened...

Yes, Scott did journey down a road that the serpent deceived him into taking.

8. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

There DOESN'T have to be!! ... As Jesus' mother, we should be able to simply pray to to show her our simple respect to her. One of the commandments is to honor thy mother and father. IMHO, that not only means your Earthly parents but your Heavenly parents as well. And our Heavenly parents are God and Mary, the one who bore God in flesh as Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Just as we pray for each memebr of our family or another family we should then be able to pray to each memebr of Jesus' family, i.e. Jesus Christ, God the Father, and Mary.

9. GodlyWoman

GodlyWoman New Member

How do you know the serpent deceived him into taking that Journey? Have you ever talked to Scott about it? Were you there the exact minute Scott decided to go down the path he did and convert to Catholicism? No. Therefore, to say a serpent deceived him is ... well ... stupid. You have NO CONCRETE PROOF that was the case!

10. standingfirminChrist

Mary did say all generations would call her blessed, but apparently you do not know what that word 'blessed' means.

It means fortunate or happy. Fortunate is the operative word here. Mary, a handmaid of the Lord was fortunate to be favored of the Lord as she was at that time.

That is all it means, not made a object of verneration as the RC and others make her. They have taken their eyes off of Jesus and are idolizing a sinner who needed a Savior.

Sad.

11. standingfirminChrist

We are to obey Christ if we are to enter His kingdom.

Christ said to pray to God, not Mary. Get your eyes off of Mary.

12. standingfirminChrist

He is on the wrong path. He is believing the lie of the Catholic Church. His journey was because He was not obeying God's Word.

13. Joe

Joe New Member

Amen :thumbs:

14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what aspect, you believe I chose to be foolish?
    Please let me know the reason. If you cannot prove it, you are a hypocrite.

I referred to the Bible quotes where the Apostles used the words " Fool" "Foolish" and " Heretick". You could not refute it.

You are trying to prove yourself is more righteous, more merciful than the Bible writers, more tolerant than God !

However, your actual life may be totally different as you used the word " foolish" for me ! You are a Hypocrite until you can sufficiently prove your logic !

Until you prove it or apologize to me, I will never forget you as a tricky hypocrite !

15. Joe

Joe New Member

I never called you foolish, and never attempted to refute you. Only attempted to be respectful enough to answer your questions. Your post was already edited for offensive language (name calling) to another poster and you haven't learned your lesson. Your also enlarging my words in red yet using quotes as if you are actually quoting it.

#155 Joe, Dec 24, 2007
  16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem was initiated by you as you exaggerated the words.

You are denying what you said here:

As it is your choice to be foolish. I suggest you look inward.

I can remember you as a double mouth man.

17. Joe

Joe New Member

Thank you for editing your post. I don't appreciate being called a hypocrite or my words twisted. Now let's let it go before more posts pile up which need to be edited. Thank you. Hope you have a Merry Christmas

18. standingfirminChrist

Brethren...

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Debate, but don't attack each other.

19. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joe,

You and I have exchanged only a few posts, but you quickly claimed that I have chosen to be foolish.

Have you ever checked how many hundreds of posts arguing with Catholics? Look at my number of posts, then I concluded the people who do not understand the Truth yet, they are either stupid or heretic. Was it too much? Read the Bible ! How many times the Apostle Paul condemned the Idol worshippers are foolish or fools ! Check about the Epistles of Peter and James.

Jas 2:20 - Show Context But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
    1Pe 2:15 - Show Context For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men

Check Luke 12:20.

How come you are so hasty to utter the word " foolish" so quickly while you pretend to be so much patient, tolerant, and kind with loving care?
    This is why I discern you as a hypocrite with the double mouth denying what you said just before. Remember, you were the person who raised and initiated this issue.

20. Joe

Joe New Member

I have already cut and pasted your post calling me a hypocrit, defended a Catholic (mrtumnus) you were calling names, and now you are lying about me. I don't pretend to be anything. Go back and read the posts, none of this was initiated by myself, nor did I bring up the word foolish.

Now please, let's be adults, let's let it go.

Sorry, maybe I should have looked at your posts. Don't usually read others profiles or look at their posts when I reply. I still would have replied similarly.

#160 Joe, Dec 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.