1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus the man from heaven

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

Yes, Jesus is God, but He is both God and Man. As Mediator however He is the Man Christ Jesus. Now you appear to be on the verge of denying that Christ has Two Natures, One Divine and the other as a Man..

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

My oh my!!!! You better read my words again because I explicity state He is both God and man. The only thing I deny is that he was ETERNALLY A MAN - that is your nonsense!

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He was the God Man Mediator before the world began, The world was created by Jesus Christ. Eph 3:9

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

How could all things be created by Jesus Christ if He did not exist before all things ? Yes He was a Man begotten from Everlasting in His Mediatorial Sonship. He was not begotten in His Deity, is that what you believe ? You know the Nicene creed teaches that Christ was begotten in His Deity from everlasting, do you believe that ?

Here it is :

The Nicene Creed

"I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made."

Now, I believe just that, only it was His Mediatorial Sonship that was begotten of the Father before all worlds, not His Deity as the Word. If you believe it was His Deity, then you are in error. If you believe nothing at all of His Person was begotten before all worlds, then you deny the Nicene creed !

#23 savedbymercy, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

My oh my!!! The Nicene Creed is talking about eternal generation as God the Son not Jesus Christ the human. If you do not believe me, then I suggest you simply get on the internet and look up the Nicene creed and any commentary or explanation on that statement. Put me to the test and look it up and then come back and talk to me.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is a Spirit or, for The Father such is seeking the ones worshiping Him spirit the God 23,24 John 4

who, being in the form of God, thought [it] not robbery to be equal to God, but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made,

By what manner did God empty himself?

How about, Hear you Israel Yahweh God of us, Yahweh one. Spirit God. Holy Spirit.

The virgin Mary was found to be with child and the angel told Joseph that which was in her was of the Holy Spirit, God. God begat of himself in Mary, and Mary gave birth to a living soul, born of the flesh and they called his name Jesus. Jesus knowing he was begotten of God called God his Father. He being begotten of the Holy Spirit, God was without sin and remained therefore even so to the death on the cross. He having come by water and blood, that is a living soul, when he died his spirit returned to God the Father who gave it and they buried Jesus. Three days and three nights. But God the Father raised him Jesus from the dead stating Thou art my Son this day have I born you. who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead;

There will be others.

Did The Spirit God beget himself in the virgin Mary as a spirit being or as a flesh being, a living soul as was Adam the figure of him to come. Was He the only begotten of the Father or not?

#25 percho, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So then you believe in the Eternal Generation of God ! Thats a begotten god heresy, born out of greek mythology ! Deity is not Begotten, its Eternal and Self Existing, Underived . The Word was no more eternally generated than the Father or the Spirit. I knew you had a apostate view of The Deity of Christ. You believe in a begotten god heresy..

But the Deity of Christ was not Eternally Generated, but His Mediatorial Sonship was as the Head of the Election of grace.

BTW the word generate is defined by the dictionary as:

to bring into existence; cause to be; produce.

2. to create by a vital or natural process.

So you believe in a produced god, a god that was brought into existence, a created god.

Take your pick, a generated god or a created or produced god..

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

John 6:62

Many today have been blinded to the Truth of God's word . But there are many scriptures that teach that Jesus was a Man before His incarnation, He was the God Man Mediator. John 6:62

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he [Son of Man was before?

One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that the Son of Man is stated to have been up in heaven before ! Before what ? Before he was born of the virgin Mary in flesh and blood !

The word he is modifying the previous noun Son of Man..

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Did I say that? Didn't I tell you to go to the internet and look up the Nicene creed and find out what the writers of the Nicene creed meant by their words??? Didn't I say after you go look up what THEY MEANT by those words, then come back and talk about it? Remember you told me that they meant the humanity of Jesus was what they were talking about. Of course anyone who has studied the Nicene creed knows you are wrong that is why I sent you back to school, back to the internet to research what THEY meant by that statement NOT WHAT I BELIEVE about it.

Instead you come back and accuse me of beleiving in the eternal generation of the Son of God as though I was the one who wrote it? How does your mind work? No wonder we cannot communicate, your thinking is all messed up!!!

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dw

If you accept and defend what the nicene creed teaches on that point, then you are in error. If you do not, then i apologize for insinuating that you did.

Now, this brings up the point however that most in professing Christianity accept the Nicene creed on that point. They believe someone was begotten or generated before all worlds, so the thought is not foreign to professing Christianity. You going on like the concept is unheard of !

But now, there was a being begotten or generated before all worlds, and it was the Mediatorial Head of the Church and the Mediator between God and Men, the Lord Jesus Christ[1 Tim 2:5], however His Deity as the Eternal Logos [Jn 1:1]was not begotten of generated before all worlds, that is heresy.

Before all worlds there was a Hypostatic Union between the Eternal Logos and the eternally begotten Son of God, the Mediator and Head of the Church.

I know you cannot receive this because you are brainwashed with the filth of doctrines of devils..

10. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

q

This conversation over the Nicene creed was introduced by YOU and by YOUR false interpretation of what the writers meant by it. I simply pointed out YOUR interpretation of their words was in ERROR! In response you charged me with what they meant as though I wrote it. Now you are accusing me of defending what YOU first erroneously charged their words to mean!

You make the mistake and then impute that mistake to me. I correct your error and you act like I made your erroronous interpretation of their words and their meaning!! !!!!!! Wow! You are one mixed up dude! How mixed up and crazy can this get?????

.[/QUOTE]

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

More on Peter's Confession !

We know Jesus Christ existed before being made flesh by Peter's confession Matt 16:16,17

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

This was not a natural knowledge of who Christ was, but Truth was revealed to him by the Sovereignty of God the Father, Notice Jesus response in vs 17

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. see Matt 11:27

This confession had nothing to do with Peter's knowledge of Christ being born of a virgin, that is His Mother Mary, but that He was that promised Son that was to be given Isa 9:6

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Gal 4:4

4But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Being born of Mary did not constitute Christ as God's Son, for He was that before the world began, eternally begotten Jn 1:14; Prov 8:24-25

24When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

In these two verses the words brought forth can mean to be born

The LXX of these Two verses read:

24 even before he made the depths; before the fountains of water came forth:

25 before the mountains were settled, and before all hills, he begets me.

Also, neither was He the Christ by being born of Mary, the Anointed one. For He was Anointed into His Mediatorial Offices when He was brought forth from the womb of Eternity. Prov 8:23

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

The phrase set up here is the hebrew word nacak :

to pour out, pour, offer, cast

a) (Qal)

1) to pour out

2) to cast metal images

3) to anoint (a king)

b) (Niphal) to be anointed

So from Everlasting He established as the Christ, the Anointed Prophet,Priest,and King, the Mediator between God and Men, notice what His delight was Prov 8:31

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Thats because He was the Man Christ Jesus, the Mediator between God and Men, the Elect of Mankind, those Chosen and given to Him before the foundation.

So He was the Anointed One from Everlasting, He was The Begotten Son from Everlasting, so He existed as The Christ from everlasting. Now what was Anointed ? it could not have been His Deity, His God Head, no, God does not anoint God, but it was the Mediator Man, the Head of the Church that was Anointed.

So again, if we have been given understanding, we see that Jesus Christ, the Anointed One , The Son of God, existed from everlasting !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yes, it is plainly stated that Jesus Christ [his name as a Man] was in existence before creation, simply because paul says all things were created by Him Eph 3:9

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

and Col 1:16

For by him [Jesus Christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

how could all things be created by someone who did not exist ?

Now if Jesus was in keeping with his type created or begotten, then when did this occur ?

Well we know Adam was created right at the beginning of time in Gen 1,2 but Jesus was created or begotten before time began..He is from everlasting ! I believe Prov 8 gives us insight as to when the Man Jesus Christ was born Prov 8:22-31

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

26While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Vs 31 here is describing Him in His function as the Mediator between God and Men..thats why His delights were with the Sons of men, because He had been previously set up as their Mediator for the purpose of their redemption..

Now the 1 st Adam was created out of dust of the ground, but the last Adam or Man was created or born out of the very essence of God the Father..

Note: I am speaking strictly of the Man Christ Jesus, and not God The Eternal Word, whom is The Deity of The man Christ Jesus..

God the word was not Created or Begotten, for He is as much Eternal as The Father and the Holy Ghost are ! So I am speaking strictly of the preexistence of the Man Jesus Christ and him being created of begotten from everlasting !

Many scoff at this understanding and term it some kind of mormonism..even those who are suppose to be sound in the faith like the Calvinist.

They scoff at the same principle they themselves proclaim, and that is, that while on earth, Jesus Christ was both God and Man, having been born of the virgin Mary !

Now I am saying the same thing, but only I am saying that His Manhood was born out of Gods essence..and His Deity is One with the eternal Word of God.. So basically I am saying that there was a incarnation of Two distinct natures in heaven, before the incarnation of two distinct natures on earth !

And as the earthly Adam upon creation had all the earthly lives and his wife in him, so likewise, the spiritual Adam, upon his creation, had within him all the spiritual lives and his wife in him, so hence, Jesus Christ was created the head of his body, the Church Col 1:15-18

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning
    , the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

So yes, Jesus Christ was a man created out of God and was given a seed in him, his church, body..

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jn 10:36

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Sanctified and sent.. Sent from where ? From Heaven of course..Jn 3:13

13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Note He was a Son before being sent into the world..

1 Jn 4:9

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

He was an Only Begotten Son before being sent.

Now it appears from Jn 10:36 that Jesus Christ was sanctified prior to being sent, prior to being born of the virgin Mary..

Now if this is true, his sanctification [setting apart] By God The Father before the incarnation, was it His manhood that was sanctified or His Deity ? Well its a no brainer, for Deity need not to be sanctified, but it was His Manhood, and He was sanctified into the Office of the God Man Mediator, for as Mediator he had to be Man 1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Amen, this simply means that before the creation of man on earth, and having decreed the Fall of Man, The Mediator was already installed into His sacred office.. We do believe that God would have this foresight enough to know man would need a Mediator before the evil happened ? Is not God that prudent:

Prov 22:3
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

A prudent man seeth the evil coming and makes preparation for himself, in this case he hideth..

But does not God exercise prudence ? Eph 1:8

Wherein he [God ] hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

So yes God is much much more prudent than men are..so hence, He had already ahead of time anointed the Man Jesus Christ as Mediator, and prophet, priest and King..

So, remember, His Deity as the Word of God, needed not to be sanctified, but it was His Manhood, His Mediatorial Manhood that was sanctified and sent into the world, and as a result He was born of the virgin Mary..

14. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The previous verse to these quotations identifies "I" as "wisdom." Solomon personifies "wisdom." Do you believe that God is immutable - Mal. 3:6 - "I am the Lord I CHANGE NOT"??

May I ask you when there was a time that God was without wisdom?

Wisdom was from EVERLASTING and only brought forth for the purpose of CREATION! The Second Person of the Godhead is called "The Word" and it is through THE WORD that God created all things (Jn. 1:1-3) and not ONE THING that was created was created without THE WORD. Hence, if there ever was a time when there was NO WISDOM and it came into being it is THE WORD that brought it into being.

However to interpret it that way is to demand at one time there was a STUPID God who was without wisdom as the lack of WISDOM is stupidity or as the Proverb calls the lack of wisdom to be FOOLISHNESS on display.

So you believe some time in eternity that God was without wisdom and thus was a STUPID and FOOLISH God????

15. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes, a Son is given. Outside the everlasting covenant of redemption there is just One God without manifestation of Persons. However, it is in the everlasting covenant of redemption that this One God manifests eternal distinctions within the Godhead in covenant committments for the redemption of men. The Godhead assumes anthropormorphic attributes within the covenant of redemption as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The anthropormorphic description of "Father" casts the first Person of the Godhead into the role of authority and begetter in carrying out His covenant responsibilities - the begetter of His children

The anthropormorphic description of "Son" casts the Second Person of the Godhead into the role of the incarnated begotten man to carry out His covenant responsibilities - the provision for God's children

There is no anthropormorphic description of the Third Person of the Godhead but He retains the actual description of the ETERNAL GODHEAD who is "Spirit" in substance, God in essence and Holy in Character.

Hence, the titles of "Father" and "Son" are assumed titles taken upon the First and Second Persons of the Godhead in their roles and responsibilities withn the EVERLASTING covenant of redemption and therefore are COVENANT titles and roles suited for redemption of mankind and relationship with mankind.

The anthropormorphic title "Son" is confined to God's eternal PURPOSE of redemption which manifests itself in time in regard to the Second Person of the Godhead in the Incarnation as the Incarnation is the DIVINE BEGETTING by the Spirit of God whereby the Second Person of the Godhead assumes Human nature in the womb of Mary.

Therefore in regard to the MAN Jesus Christ a "child was born" unto Mary and Joseph but in regard to the SOURCE (father) of conception a "Son was given" making the "child" the God/man. Thus Jesus by birth was fully human as well as fully God. By conception he was BEGOTTEN by God and thus God's ONLY BEGOTTEN SON but by birth he was born a Man. The beggetting of Jesus in regard to conception as the "Son of God" was according to God's eternal covenant and thus He was the eternal Son of God by eternal covenant design before the world began but was begotten by God in time and space in the womb of Mary.

#35 Dr. Walter, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Try the Spirits

1 John 4:1-6

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of Antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Contrary to what the false church propagates today, that believers aren't to Judge, because of a misapplication of Matt 7:1,6 which is only a caution against uncharitableness in Judging ones brother, yet to eliminate Judging altogether is not right and the intent of the verse. In fact Jesus right afterward endorses good judgment in vs 6

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Now tell me, How can one know what is Holy without Judging it so ? Or How is one to know what a dog is, without Judging them so ? How about the difference between pearls and swine, doesn't one need to make a rational Judgment to know the difference ?

There is a very important truth contained in my text, a Truth given to Gods true people to discern or judge whether or not one is speaking as a spokesman for God or not. The criteria set for th in the passage is whether or not one confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh !

1 John 4:2

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of Antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Notice something very important here. John did not say, if one is confessing that God come in the flesh, but whether Jesus Christ hath come in the flesh, the Anointed of God, hath came in the flesh ! The focus is whether the God Man Mediator hath came in the flesh. The emphasis of the Holy Ghost is not at this time about the Deity of Christ, of which He certainly is Deity, but about His Mediatorial Manhood. You see when scripture calls Him Jesus Christ or Christ Jesus, His office of Mediator is in view.

1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

The man Christ Jesus [Mediator] hath came in the flesh is the focus of the passage, and in order for the man to have come in the flesh [manifested], this necessarily presupposes His existence prior to, as God Man, but just not in the flesh, as in flesh and blood.

This is confirmed by Eph 3:9

Simply stated by the Apostle, The world was created by the God Man Mediator Jesus Christ..

Being the medium of creation is an act of the Man Christ Jesus, the Mediator between God and men.

Also John writes how that Jesus Christ became manifested 1 John 1:1-2

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

For something or someone existed before being manifested. This Person was capable of being:

#1. Heard #2. Looked upon #3. seen and handled with hands. All these denote tangibility, and that it existed before being manifested, for the point here is not Jesus Christ Invisible Deity in view, but His Ancient Mediatorial Manhood.

Those who are confessing this ancient Mediatorial Manhood, are speaking as enlightened by God...But those who deny this are speaking for the Anti Christ..

And this I judge to be True..

1 John 2:22

22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is Antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

#36 savedbymercy, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
  17. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The New Testament writers are writing from Post-resurrection perspective of Jesus Christ. They are simply attributing to the now risen and enthroned God/man to be the Creator of all things! He is NOW in the flesh (human) but before the incarnation he was not in the flesh (human) but that is exactly what you are denying. You are denying he came in the flesh - or became human but was already in the flesh (human) before He came!

If you study the words "the flesh" it is used in three senses

1. The fallen aspect of our human nature

2. The unglorified state of human nature (incarnation)

3. The material aspect of human nature

Jesus Christ was no more a ACTUAL Human before the foundation of the world then you were ACTUALLY justified, called or glorified before the foundation of the world or that you are NOW actually in Christ in heaven:

Eph. 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Tell us, are you ACTUALLY now in heaven "in Christ Jesus"??????? Your whole theology of "in Christ" is wrong. Your view of Christ before the incarnation is equally wrong.

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God possessed Christ before His works of old

Prov 8:22;24-30

The works of old intended here must be creation as described in the following verses:

26While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

30Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

This is true because Jesus Christ was setup[vs 23] as the God Man Mediator and All things were created by [agency/instrumental] Him..so says Eph 3:9

Its important to notice the name the Holy Ghost inspired paul to write, that of Jesus Christ. This is His Saviour Name [Matt 1: 21] and His name as to His being the Mediator between God and Men 1 Tim 2:5

If there is any significant difference in being called Jesus Christ [Eph 3: 9] or Christ Jesus [ 1 Tim 2: 5] I would love to be enlightened upon it..

I see no reason therefore to not call the Jesus Christ in Eph 3: 9, The Mediator in 1 Tim 2: 5..

Now no doubt Jesus Christ Mediatorial Manhood is in view here in prov 8, for we read in vs 31

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights[pleasures] were with the sons of men.

His delights or pleasure was with the Sons of men [Adam]

For Adam was a Son of God Lk 3:38

38Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

So His pleasure was with the Sons of God..

All this is very appropriate if indeed He was the mediator between God and Men, Christ Jesus..

I don't think there is a more powerful biblical evidence as we have here as to Jesus Christ, [The wisdom of God and the Power of God [1 Cor 1:24] being here the God Man Mediator before the Creation of the world and in preparation of its creation, He being the medium of creation for it was for and by him creation came into existence, His redemptive purpose..Col 1:14-18

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things,[the works of old prov 8 22] and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God possessed Christ before His works of old cont

Christ was possessed of the Father before one single created act was put forth, before any other creature had being, [to include angels],

He is from everlasting, not only in His Divine Being as The Word of God, but in His created or begotten Mediatrial Manhood as well..

The word possessed in the original as in Prov 8:22,23

Its the word :

qanah:

and one of its many definitions is to create.

.and again this createdness would be regarding His Mediatorial Manhood and the Headship of the Church and not His Deity..

The mystery of this creation however is that it occured in eternity where time as we mortals know it, wasnt a factor..

Significantly vs 23 says I was set up

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. which means in the original a pouring forth or anointing..as oil is poured upon a person being installed in a sacred office - This was Jesus christ IMO appointment unto His Mediatorial Offices of Prophet, Priest, King and Head of the Church..

No doubt we have here a Glorious occasion in Pre Incarnate Glory, that no doubt Jesus has this in mind when He said Jn 17:5

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

some writers believe that this was merely a foretold Glory, but i believe it was a literial Glory He had as GodMan Mediator before the world began.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Acts 17:31 That Man he hath ordained !

Acts 17:31

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Many reject the blessed Truth that Jesus Christ was a Man before the world was Created and before He became flesh and blood via the Virgin Birth..

For the scripture shows forth many men who were not made of flesh and blood.. i.e

Gen 18:1-2

1And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

2And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

No doubt these were men, spiritual beings from heaven, not born of flesh and blood..

Judges 13: 6

Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

I personally believe this was Jesus Christ she saw.. I don't believe this Man of God she saw was of flesh and blood..

But the Truth here we have in Acts 17:31 has to do with the Man Jesus Christ having been ordained as the Man to Judge the World..

When did this ordaining take place and where ? Did it take place at his resurrection and ascension ? I don't believe so..

However, I believe that his resurrection and Ascension gave proof that he had been already ordained of God the Father for this Work before the world began..For His resurrection gives all men [ of the elect] assurance of this Judgment to come..

Ps 96:10,13

10Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

13Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Paul to Felix:

Acts 24 :25

And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.

Jesus Christ resurrection declared Him to be what He already was and had been from eternity, The Son of God with Power..Rom 1:4

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Interesting the word declared here in Romans 1: 4 is the same word ordained in Acts 17 :31