1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Joel believe Steve Jobs went to Heaven....for real!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jedi Knight, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can save a sinner at that moment of receiving Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, but one who has been really saved will have far more evidence to support that happening then just "walked to front in Billy graham Crusade!"

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    agree with you that in the end, God alone knows if anyone else is saved , but also can know that we are saved, per the Apostle John, and also do know if another is not if they have rejected Jesus Christ!

just saying Steve Jobs saying "wow/wow/wow" does not sound like one saying Lord Jesus save me now!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree with all stated here, but just see the bible being quite clear that by their fruits we shall know them, so any person denying Jesus and His resurrection, death for their sins etc would be "judged" by the Bible as being still lost in their sins!

Alaso, even though holding to OSAS, would also say that just a profession of faith in jesus not sufficient, also need some fruit of salvation to go with that!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You make the mistake of taking the converse of an absolute truth statement and also applying it as absolute truth.

Example:
    Given truth - Everyone that is saved likes chicken.
    Your conclusion based on this truth is if they don't eat chicken they are lost, or if someone eats chicken they are saved, when that is not a truthful statement given the information provided.

#84 webdog, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are these so called calvinists though? ALL the ones here, myself included, can and would say that we one of the elctbase upon what the Bible states, and that our lives, while not nearly as matured as God intends for us to become, does show some fruit to evidence have been really saved!

I canno imagine living as a Child of God, doing my best, and yet NEVER havig assurance that I will get to heaven to see the lord, that he might view me and say 'close/tried hard, just not good enough!"

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually, a calvinist atonement view of "definite/particular " death of jesus for sins would mean that since He saved me, would know for sure, as he paid for MY specific sin debt to God!

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Exactly. And we also have evidences in Scripture of those professing to be believers that they are in fact apostate and lost.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apostles though all stated in the bible that if one says we know Jesus as Lord and their saviour, and yet have no woords/fruit to evidence that, they would be professing "false faith" as even satan and demonsknow He is Lord!

9. HungryInherit

HungryInherit New Member

This website should be changed to calvinistboard.com

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What kind of fruit were they exhibiting at Corinth?

11. preacher4truth

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You do not have the moral authority to tell anyone they missed the point about the Gospel, given the history of your posts. Someone wasted a lot of tuition money if you went to seminary. I understand 1st John light years ahead of you, and the point is, he wrote this book that we might have assurance of our salvation. He did not say that you have assurance of my salvation. You are not living in my body (praise the Lord) and do not know mine or anyone else's true motives and thoughts. Yes, we are to examine ourselves. That does not mean you examine me or I examine you. Anyhow, that is in the context of the Lord's Supper, and let me guess, you are for closed communion.

I do not preach another Gospel, which by the way is capitalized. That is nothing but disrespect for the Scripture to put out a small "g." Since you have never seen Paul Washer preach, you did not see the destruction he brought. Yes, I do not know for 100% that these folks are saved, but I have known them for decades and do watch their lives outside of church in passing. Yes, it was me that said it. I do not preach because I am not a preacher, which should be your status.

Let me reiterate one more time, I have never said anyone could live as they like. You are the one who sets a standard of perfection in this life. If you have read the Bible and understand it, you would know we will never reach that state in this life. That is not the meaning of a new creation. It means we have changed and become more like Jesus everyday. You are stating a false conclusion when you said I do not expect a change. Yet, I do not expect glorification in this life, nor do I expect a time limit.

The SBC is not perfect, but it is sound in doctrine, which is way above your level. IMO, there is no way you are an ordained pastor of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Baptist denomination. Any sound local Baptist church would have you gone after one called business meeting. Your posts and theology are pathetic. You thrive on meanness, name calling, and troll type tactics.

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

I have to say, I find it amusing to find Calvinists insisting they are to "examine themselves" for salvation.

If they are "elect," then according to the teaching of their doctrine, then they have nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, if they were to examine themselves and find the disturbing truth that they are "not elect," what can they do about it?

[​IMG]

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I believe that passage, as I said in the above post, to be in relation to a period of time before the Lords Supper. I do not like the label Calvinist, but do believe God is sovereign, and everything I have, my salvation, my family, in fact, every breath I take, is a gift from the Lord.

15. preacher4truth

OK...

I'm not calling anyone's salvation into question. Including yours. I am glad you are light years ahead of me in 1 John. Lead the way and show by example that you are brother. However I do know there are evidences for being lost AND being saved. That is totally Biblical.

Well thank God for that, I'd hate to have to lug you around too. But, I'd give the 'towel' back if I were living in your body out of common sense, examination and repentance.

See above. You say this while examining me...interesting...hypocritical

It's not only in that context that we are to examine ourselves. ANd you're light years ahead of me?

If you preach no evidence, or say none can know, but that you in fact DO know who is saved, then you in fact do.

Only when true Gospel is preached. Thus...

No, it is disrespect and repudiation of a false gospel.

I don't need to see that. I saw your hypocrisy. You in one breath say no one can know, but then in past history you claim YOU can and DO know.

OK. And I've seen some for decades too. I see, you CAN know but others CANNOT know. You have the monopoly on this knowledge. You shold have ran to Washer and told him who was saved and who wasn't saved before he preached, the whole thing could've then been cancelled.

Nope. You don't know either the totality of their lives nor their 'heart'. You trying to play both sides.

I never said you did say such a thing. I am against those who say no change is necessary.

No, the SBC is not sound in doctrine.

You're still examining me.

You're still at it and I can read between your lines, and your judgment is amiss. I will fight false teachings and false doctrine. If that is meanness and name calling to you that is too bad. If I've offended you, I apologize, specifically for what is not clear as this is all broad brushed insult, but that said I do wish to put these things aside and move forward because I know that this is right.

16. preacher4truth

Examination is Biblical. Whitefield examined himself after bearing much fruit. Scripture is against presumption.

Yet the elect do examine themselves and due to mourning for their own sin go through the throes of both times of doubt and assurance.

Plead to God for mercy and assurance as many have done in their journey this side of the sun.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, what is too bad is that you lead a flock of a local church that depends on you for discipleship. Speaking of two faced and hypocritical, if you talked to your congregation the way you post, you would be out the door within a week of any true New Testament church.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Smackdown Level 10 of 10.

From another post:
    Broad brushing yet again. Deal in truth for once? More fabrications, caricatures, straw man arguments from P4T. If it's going to go down that rabbit trail of your manufactured myths, close it. I mean, why would you want to deal truthfully now?

#98 InTheLight, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the very least he would be on Ignore.

20. preacher4truth

the above is not from me, but edited to appear as if it were from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.