1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph Kennedy Jr. and Project Aphrodite

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by poncho, Jun 10, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE The History Channel

I found this bit of history interesting. We had the technology to fly planes by remote control and use them as guided bombs in 1944, but we didn't have the technology to fly planes by remote control and use them as giuded bombs in 2001. I haven't heard to much about Joseph Kennedy Jr. either come to think of it.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We had the technology to fly planes by remote control and use them as guided bombs in 1944, but we didn't have the technology to fly planes by remote control and use them as giuded bombs in 2001."

It didn't work so well in 1944, which is why Joe Jr. was killed.

We didn't need it in 2001 because of remotely-piloted drones, tomahawk missiles and precision-guided munitions.

You don't hear much about Joe Jr. because he died young. Joe Sr. had picked out Joe Jr., as the eldest, to be president someday. Joe Jr. was the fair-haired boy of the family and graduated from Harvard cum laude before attending Harvard Law, which he left early to become a pilot.

It was only after Joe's death that Jack inherited the family's political mantle. If Joe had lived through the war, history might have been much different.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I guess the technology still needed some tweaking in 1944. The bugs have been mostly removed in the remote control technology now, I doubt it took more than a fews years to do it though. I thought it odd that President Bush would say the technology didn't yet exist in 2001. Apparently he was mistaken.

I just saw this on the History Channel tonight and did a search on it. Thanks for filling me on Joe Jr.