1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Josie the Outlaw: Message to Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Gina B, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why on earth would it be that? The context of this thread is about retaining the rights (and dignity) of citizens that can be lost when it comes to law enforcement.

It is crucial that police officers understand they play a key role because of the potential power they hold. They can make or break the tone of community by how they choose to interact with citizens of that community.

Hating is the last thing we need to do. Maintaining good dialogue, good relationships, listening when they have concerns, and BELIEVING THEM when they have troubles is very important. We have to be able to help them too when there is a problem with corruption and they need help. How many falsely accused officers have been fired or are sitting in jail because of corruption? It goes both ways. To work on this issue is mutually beneficial for police officers and the communities they serve.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No Gina that's just ridiculous. Total nonsense. It's better if we just deny there's a problem and browbeat anyone who says there is. We have to stand up for law and order and if that means having an unaccountable government that reads our emails and listens to our phone calls, tracks our movements, gropes our privates and invades our bodies and homes without probable cause or tortures us or imprisons us without due process well then so be it.

It's either that or total anarchy and the terrorists will get us all!

C'mon everybody hold hands and join in! "I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin here today. Cause the flag still stands for freedom, and they can't take that away." "Well I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free" . . .

[​IMG]

And remember folks, "If you see something say something" this message brought to you by Big Sis and the gang at DHS.

#62 poncho, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

This thread started off with a video of a teenaged girl whining that she can't do what she wants when she wants because what she wants to do, essentially, is against the law. It had nothing to do with "retaining rights and dignity of citizens" because that "citizen" wants to be allowed to break the law whenever she wants. That's infantile and egregiously selfish.

I assure you, the vast majority of them know exactly what role they play in their community, and the power they hold, and rarely if ever does that vast majority of them abuse it. This is a key fact you have refused to acknowledge throughout the thread, holding to the same view of the young woman that their enforcement of laws you don't like make them automatons who don't consider the consequences of their acts of enforcement. This too is infantile.

Forgive me if I put words in your mouth here, Gina, but what you're essentially saying here is "Officers should consider that they live and work among friends and neighbors and should let them get away with a little pot smoking, a little beer drinking and driving, a little noise making and disturbing of everyone else's peace." No, they should not.

How very noble of you. Your problem is you see every officer in this situation, when the reality is very few of them are. Frank Serpicos come along once every couple generations in departments that become cesspools about once every 50 years or so. Enforcing drug laws does not fit into their "need to be heard and believed." It fits into the just and equitable execution of their lawful duties.

You and Josie would get along great. But I'd ask this thread be closed, because no one but the resident anarchist conspiracy theorist is going to agree with you.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

See? I told you that you can't win an argument with a progressive Gina. The more evidence you show them the more they deny it. When that don't work they start with the labels and name calling.

True to progressive form if they can't intimidate or ridicule you into agreeing with them they'll want to shut down the debate. Exactly like the liberals and democrats they're always complaining about. Liberals and neo conservatives like TND here are kissing cousins when it comes to worshiping the state because they share the same progressive roots. They're all about control. Sure they'll throw words like freedom and liberty around to fill in their talking points to make it sound as though they cherish them but the reality is the very concept of freedom and individual liberty scares the daylights out of them.

Control is what they really cherish. To progressives like TND individual liberty = anarchy and the idea of someone actually possessing it scares them half to death!

What Gina is saying TND is the police should uphold and obey the law (constitution) and be held accountable to it just like everyone else. But you keep trying to tell her she's saying something else. She's saying "hey look" we may have a problem here so let's talk about it and see if we can figure out how to avoid it becoming a threat to our liberty. But you keep telling her she's calling for the destruction of society just for bringing it up!

Why do you find it so hard to listen to what she is saying without telling her she's saying something she obviously is not saying? She isn't calling for anarchy so stop using your twisted anti freedom progressive talking points to try and convince her individual liberty is some great threat to mankind and the security of the nation that has to be ground under the heel of the state to keep order in the world.

I might remind you that this nation was founded on the idea of individual liberty not government coercion and control. You want to live in a police state fine, there's a real nice one in North Korea, go there. Be happy. Just don't expect everyone else to follow you there. Get used to it not all Americans are going to "stand down" so you and your neo conservative buddies and liberal kissing cousins can bring a police state here.

We don't want one.

#64 poncho, Dec 18, 2013
  5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

All this could be avoided if I'd just get it through my head that I should put up with anything and everything, no matter how harsh or violating, in order to avoid the potential of something possibly happening anywhere else in the future that could possibly be deemed wrong. So if officers want to violate my rights today with illegal stop and frisks and it means that in the future, a store won't sell me a white bread roll made with that illegal unenriched flour, it was all worth it. Thankfully the important laws are still being vigilantly kept.

*giggle*

Why on earth would I want this thread shut down? It's hilarious!

I've never been called an anarchist for wanting to retain my liberty. They used to call that being an American citizen.

Poncho, I'm lucky I wasn't taking a sip of tea when I clicked that last link for DHS! If it wasn't so true....

#65 Gina B, Dec 18, 2013
  6. thisnumbersdisconnected

This video's for you ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFBK9GhS5Q

And you still haven't. I was talking about someone else.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What's the video have to do with it, TND? Are you trying to say the teacher is lying, like you said the police officers were?

He wasn't harassed, stopped for no reason, charged without cause, thrown to the ground by officers, and there's not a shred of evidence to show he was illegally detained, searched, or otherwise charged for something that did not happen or that was not illegal. There is nothing legal about touching someone in a sexual manner without their consent.
    There's no reason to doubt the teacher warned him before, that his lips were on her neck as she said, or what the video shows with his face down by her neck after he went into a full embrace.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, being an American citizen today either means worshiping the state and all it's glorious power to control others or remaining so dumb you just don't care if you live in a Stasi police state where everything is illegal or suspicious. That's what freedom is all about right?

But never fear Gina the DHS/TSA "gropenfurhers" are on the job so we don't have to worry about grandma sneaking an un authorized racist PB&J sandwich on the last flight to Denver.

And remember, "if you see something, say something". Especially if you see any Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” “reverent of individual liberty,” and people that “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

These people are the worst kind of extremists that threaten the very fabric of our society!

"If you want a vision of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever" George Orwell

#68 poncho, Dec 18, 2013
  9. thisnumbersdisconnected

No. I was trying to say, diplomatically, that you are whining, just like Josie. I was playing a sad song for the two of you, who seem to think you shouldn't be put upon by the burdensome reality of having to obey the law.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Naw you just keep telling her that individual liberty = anarchy and could bring about the total destruction of society.

That's all.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

When I see people's fingertips getting slammed with sledgehammers with what appears to be no justifiable reason, I tend to say something.

Play sad songs all you wish, but better yet, join in when you see something unjust happening to someone else. I do believe it's an obligation. There are good Samaritan laws in some places for a reason. Shouldn't that concept branch out in our own minds and hearts? Oh wait, you don't see injustice...

Well, if you ever do, remember this thread.

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's what you equate to getting busted for pot? Sorry, can't agree.

I do. I just don't happen to think you and Josie are talking about injustice. You're whining about not getting your way.

Good Samaritan laws cover people who assist in medical emergencies, assuring they are not sued for rendering aid if something doesn't go exactly right. They have nothing to do with stepping up and saying, "Oh, please don't arrest him/her" when the "him/her" has broken the law.

On the contrary, I see a great deal of injustice. I don't see the enforcement of legitimate laws, such as drug laws, as "injustice." The exact opposite, in fact.

I won't have trouble doing that. It lives in infamy. A fellow Christian whining about not getting what they want tends to stand out in one's memory.

#72 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 18, 2013
  13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

WoW! What a load of baloney!

Defending an individual's constitutional right's against the might of an authoritarian state is whining about not getting your way?

No wonder we have a president that feels he can imprison citizens indefinitely or assassinate them without due process.

You and "the great pretender" have alot in common TND but I guess that's only natural because you share the same political roots.

At first I thought it was odd that you would choose a progressive champion to argue your case but know I understand why, at your core you are a progressive! This thread has answered a question that has been bothering me for a long time. Why are there so many authoritarian control freaks in the democrat and republican parties? Now I know.

You all share the same progressive roots! It's all about controlling what others might do that you don't like by using govt force. Freedom and liberty are words you all should work together to ban, I mean you're all working hard together to destroy the concept and condition so why not get rid of the words themselves while you're at it?

#73 poncho, Dec 18, 2013
  14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

TND, please inform yourself on Good Samaritan laws. They deal with more than assisting in medical emergencies and vary in different states.

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

Here. Inform yourself.

#75 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 18, 2013
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

He doesn't have to inform himself Gina, Rupert Murdoch and Prince Al Waleed have already told him everything he needs to know. :rolleyes:

#76 poncho, Dec 18, 2013
  17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No TND. Your link is from a medical company and because they are only discussing the medical aspects of the Good Samaritan law, that's what you see on their website.

I am befuddled by your unwillingness to find something so very simple. It is easy to find that you are mistaken on this, yet you are willing to assert that your partial understanding must be the whole truth, despite the simple steps it would take for you to find the truth.

Did I just say befuddled?

Wow.

Okay, time to go. LOL

I hope that one day you will become more willing to explore the possibility that there are things that need to change and that you may not be right about everything we have discussed.

Have a good evening. Try not to get befuddled by anything. Now I have to go see if that's a word. I have NO clue where that came from!

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

I see it on their site because that is what a Good Samaritan law is. I would think, if you thought I was so dense, you would define other, non-medical G/S laws for me to review, but no, you didn't bother.

How about this link then?

Now that is something I can agree with. Perhaps even go a step farther and say "sociopolitically confused" by the progressive agenda. Have a great day, Gina.

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why would I post the links for you? This is your homework, not mine. When you walk out of this school at graduation and get a job, do you think I'm going to be there doing your work? Are you going to always try to talk other people into doing it, or are you going to figure things out on your own and be the one who has this, the one who deserves that job, that promotion, that bigger check, because you're willing to put the work and the effort in OH WAIT! You're already grown up.

Sorry, you sounded like a student there for a moment.

Why is it so easy to respond to you? :laugh:

Okay, okay. You have a good day too. Glad you can close with that...you're a good sport.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Throughout this whole thread TND has been the one espousing the "progressive agenda" then at the last minute he accuses Gina of it?

Sounds to me like TND is the befuddled one here. But then I guess that should be expected after all the republicans became the democrats under Bush and the neocons.

#80 poncho, Dec 18, 2013