1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judas

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all know that Judas betrayed Christ.
    But here is my question, Wasn't Jesus know very well thought out Jerusalem?
    Why did the Romans need someone to point him out?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, just think how many people lived in Jerusalem as permanent citizens. It was a very large city. Then take into account how many visitors were there in and around Passover time.

And there was no media to show his picture like today. No TV, TIME magazine, daily newspaper, posters, billboard, computer, books, or anything like that.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Judas's kiss ran amuck of Scripture

Psalm 2:12, "Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little, Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him."

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did the Romans need someone to point him out?

I don't suppose the Roman's "needed" someone to point Him out. It was just the signal set up by those religious folks who wanted Him dead. It also publicly showed that one of His own turned against Him. A little PR Work to support those who opposed Him.

I have often wondered about those religious folks (Scribes and Pharisees) who upon their death open their eyes and find themselves separated from God. Like these folks who blow themselves up for Allah and wake up in eternal fire. Can you imagine the anguish?