1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Not? You Must! Mixed Messages?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tom Butler, Jan 17, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Hello calvin. No I did not say that he took the Lord's name in vain. I said he used the Lord's name in vain. There is a difference. As to people who are overweight there is no command or guidelines against weight. As for military chaplains and their foul mouth. I can tell you that they are not the standard and those who do that are an open wound. They dishonor the Lord as well as their nation, and just because the military has given them god status does not make them of God. But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. Not everyone who says Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of God. being straight with someone is not seen as a right, but a responsibility. By the way. I have never told anyone what their eternal destiny is. They may repent. I have told some that they are not saved and will continue if the need arises.

#21 freeatlast, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2011
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Sounds like you are trying to justify yourself and rebellion. The bible does speak to men's hair as well as women's. The fact that you now want to gloat over her fall does not justify your rebellion. I thank you for the admonition, but I have the faith to what what i outlined in the previous post. Since it is clear you do not i strongly suggest that you continue to follow the path you are taking.

#22 freeatlast, Jan 19, 2011
  3. calvin

calvin New Member

lol! take a look at my picture my friend. the military does not allow long hair. and rebellion has nothing to do with it. also, that passage refers to headship. not hair length. and no, i do not gloat over her fall. you miss my point entirely. but i can try again. this time with you. since you are so judgemental, what sins are you attempting to cover up???does this help you understand any better? Peace :thumbsup:

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What I do understand calvin is your liberal bent to justify your own sin by accusing another of sin who you have never met.You tell me that I am judging and you wage a judgement. satan has no new tricks as there is nothing new under the sun. The Corinthian passage is dealing with headship and the hair length is one way that shows if the person is in rebellion or submission.Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

5. calvin

calvin New Member

liberal? thats a new one. actually im a conservative libertarian, which makes me more conservative than your average republican. are you then without sin? and i will be happy to let some of the Church fathers and Jesus himself know, when i get to heaven, that they might need to get a hair cut. i think you miss the deeper meaning of the passage, and what i am trying to make clear to you. instead you wish to engage in personal attacks. that is fine. i will not reciprocate. and i really dont care if you judge me. im not your servant. oh, and did you see my short hair in my picture. probably shorter than yours. may i suggest, high skin, medium fade? then you know you are following the command to the letter. Peace and prayers for you. and i hope you find some happiness in this life, and certainly the next. :1_grouphug:

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You certainly must be an honor to the conservative libertarian following and I am sure that those in your ranks are extremely proud of you and your ability to exceed a party so righteous as the republican party. I am also sure that the Lord Himself is waiting with great expectation to hear from you.
    Thank you for the very kind words and wishes. Your great love is so evident. Your servant in Christ Jesus.

#26 freeatlast, Jan 19, 2011
  7. calvin

calvin New Member

politics aside, i really could care less if any human is proud of me. with the exception of my Mother of course, and the Lord Jesus Christ. and yes, he has already heard from me. so has my Mother. and you are very welcome. Peace and prayers for you and yours. :type:

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And when we do judge it is to be as a doctor, healer and restorer not as judge jury and jailor.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

HankD​

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I know that they are all overwhelmed that you would grace them with yourself and acknowledgement. Your blessings are a great comfort and I am sure that they are sent with a heart simply full of love and grace.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi calvin, I see that you new to the BB and are deployed in Iraq.

As a fellow veteran of the Vietnam Era (stateside) I salute you.

Welcome to the Baptist Board. May God keep and protect you.

HankD

11. calvin

calvin New Member

yes, i would not joke about something like that. i dont know your situation, i dont know weather you are healthy or sick. out and about or a shut in. i have no idea what burdens you may bear. i can only pray for Gods grace to truly shine on you, and give you peace. :1_grouphug:

12. calvin

calvin New Member

and i salute you to my brother. your war was much harder. thank you for your service. being older, i have many friends who are viet nam vets. and i really look up to you guys. i wish they would let yall join us. i know for a fact that the soldiers of your era, are tougher than what we have today. barring the marines of course. they are still an agressive wall of fire. i love those guys. more technologically minded and politically correct now days. it would be good to go back to old school tactics, like you guys used. Peace and prayers my brother. Hoooah! :thumbsup:

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Neither would I joke about such as such is no joke. Thank you for your prayers of great kindness and grace.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen. My pastor says that when it's easy to correct and rebuke (which is what we must do if we judge), then we are in the wrong. It's when it hurts us to do so that we know that we are going at this with the right heart.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I think your pastor is correct. :thumbsup:

16. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe our pastor did well Sunday.

We were a mixed group, many openly unsaved and living in and with all kinds of sins.

He took us through the Bible teachings concerning what is sin, gave us the teachings on what the wages of sin are, gave us the remedy, and urged us to judge ourselves with the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Much better than standing up and saying "Mary is guilty of this and Tom of that and surely Susie cannot be saved."

Judge actions? Of course.

Judge people? Not on your life.