1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgment Day X -- Tennessee Temple University student body

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by StMartinLuther, Oct 31, 2002.

1. StMartinLuther

StMartinLuther New Member

JDX commenced with such Spirit, and a good portion of the sudent body came to be involved before the end of the night last night, at about 12am.

For five hours, groups of about 15 people, every 6-8 minutes SAW the Gospel in a play-act (haunted house alternative with a message), then HEARD the Gospel from preachers in counseling rooms, then had the opportunity to ACT on what they heard, talking with a counselor about eternal life.

21 people became believers (aka... saved, gloriously saved, converted, reborn, etc.) and a multitude left the JDX building in tears. Opening night attendance was about 550. Judgment Day appeals to the emotions, and to the spirit, and the Kingdom of God certainly drew near to us that night, as even I myself felt the Spirit and saw that He was working in the people, even through me.

The best part of JD is counseling. This is real people, and counselors and preachers relating to real life. The anticipation and Spirit-high lasted the whole night, from the first Gospel presentation, to the last soul saved from hell. The entire program was powerful, to the extent that even I, a counselor, HAD to go through the play-act 2 times.

Monday and Tuesday night were low in attendance. The whether and the dates for JD, and the lack of publicity negatively affected it this year, bringing only 50% of the expected attendance. Tonight is Halloween, so we are expecting to double the attendance in just this one night.

Let me boast on God for a bit though... Without Him, there would be NO salvations and no life changes. We are all praising God for the 6 more salvations since Saturday, and the total attendance so far of 1,300.

I've been a preacher all 3 nights so far, and again tonight. I helped construction for a few hours a couple of nights, and I passed flyers out at every church office on Brainerd Road all the way to the mall. I hope to be even more involved next year. It would be a privilege to be promotion manager.

Every person who is counseled will remain in contact with the counselor in the future. The new believers WILL have someone to turn to for help, a church to go to, and a God to go to.

Must go.... more from Tennessee Temple later.

>>Luther
    "...that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me." (John 17:21)