1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Feb 16, 2011.

?
  1. I have served and would gladly serve again

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. I have served and would do what I could so I would not have to serve again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have received a summons for duty, but was never seated

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  4. If I receive another summons I would gladly serve

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. I have received a summons for duty, but got out of it

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. I have never received a summons for duty, but would gladly serve

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. I have never received a summons for duty, but if I did, I would try to get out of it

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. I am permanently exempt from jury duty

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Other answer

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I just got a summons in the mail yesterday. I'm looking forward to it.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was picked for a jury once, but we didn't actually hear the case. We did have to hear those pre-trial speeches in which the attorneys explain what should be so obvious to any thinking person with a sense of justice. But we were asked to go into the jury room and stayed there for hours before being called back in, and the judge announced a plea bargain had been reached. The fact that we were there compelled the case to come to its expedient end, they said. Maybe, but maybe not. Anyway, that was my first time to be summoned, 25 years ago, and I have been called 3 times since, never being picked. One of those was for a municipal jury, and the whole thing lasted 6 minutes before I and most others were dismissed. The last time was a year ago, when I was still on crutches. I don't know if they noticed the crutches and that had to do with me being one of 14 (among 200 or more, in all) who was not even called to a panel; but I have a hunch that was it.

3. MamaCW

MamaCW New Member

I had to put "other answer" lol..booo!

Some would probably think I'm a weirdo..but I think it would be interesting to serve in jury duty..but then again thats probably because for the moment, I cannot do so :)

I'm not a US Citizen (dont go calling ICE though..lol..).. I'm a permanent resident..and although I now qualify to become a citizen now ..I'm waiting a bit..financially ..its an EXPENSIVE process.. and we are focusing on other areas at the moment..:smilewinkgrin: