1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just forget about getting any more oil...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't remember which side Canada is on in the Iraq war....

2. OCC

OCC Guest

The Canadian government is against it I believe. Many Canadian citizens are for it.
    I am neutral...unless they find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. But then...you guys have 'em too. :cool:
    I disagree though buckster...you shouldn't get free oil. That would be a huge PR mistake, not economical and kinda just wrong.

3. buckster75

buckster75 Member

It is only a suggetion so those countries can contribute to paying for part of their standing army (which is ours)

Canada actually is sitting pretty when it comes to WMD. they can claim to have none but know if an enemy which has them threatens them the US will also protect Canada. I guess the best of both worlds.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

But we deserve your protection. We've helped you. :D

Actually...we may have WMD's (I'm not sure) but I do know that we follow the Geneva convention and will not use them in an offensive manner. If we have them, we would only use them in defense.

5. buckster75

buckster75 Member

it was all positive compliment toward Canada be sure of that. If they are pickin on my neighbor they are pickin on me.

6. buckster75

buckster75 Member

I have been to the borders both north and south and have seen no dotted line. God don't see them either. [​IMG]

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God allows nations. It is liberals who want one-world government under the Anti-Christ.

8. buckster75

buckster75 Member

yeah I was not suggesting one-world govenment. I was saying the divsions between people(not nations) are man made. and that as far as our neighboring countries I think we should help one another when we can.

9. buckster75

buckster75 Member

actually I remember being on the Rio Grande far from any roads or bridges and thinking God sees the need of salvation the same on both sides of the river

10. billwald

billwald New Member

the concept of "getting oil from" doesn't compute. All the refiners bid on the same pool of stuff.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a lot about Chávez that doesn't compute. He violates human rights like a nazi did and yet he is the darling of the left here in America. He even has gone so far as to say that China should control Taiwan--has anyone else in the west ever suggested turning Taiwan over to China in what we all know would be a bloodbath?

12. OCC

OCC Guest

Nope. And I myself don't support Chavez. Is this something like you either support Bush or Chavez?