1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

just HOW Do You see God Handling "problem" of Those Who NEVER Heard About Jesus?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Oh, I agree. God will make sure that his elect hear the gospel. But that's not what we're discussing. And most of us agree (but not all) that those who never hear the gospel cannot be saved. And many will hear the gospel and reject it. They will not be saved, either.

The question is, how can God condemn one who has never heard the gospel, never heard of Jesus Christ, never been presented with the claims of the gospel. My view of that question is what I discussed in post #13.

.The answer goes against our sense of fairness. Some have never heard the gospel? That's not fair. They're condemned anyway? That's not fair.

So, to make it fair, we come up with a couple of scenarios. One is that some way, somehow, God has given them the gospel of Jesus Christ, even though it's never been preached to them.

Another is, that God gave them some light (creation), evidence of a Creator; they rejected the light they had so God is no obligated to give them more light.

But even that's not fair, one might say. God gave many the gospel including me), but gave some (a primitive tribe in Southern America) only evidence of creation.

And then, another view is that since God can't condemn one for rejecting a Christ of whom they have never heard, there must be another way for them to be saved. Otherwise, God is not fair.

My answer to all those things is that I don't want God's fairness. I want his mercy. If God had been fair, all of us would stand condemned.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I have heard 4 basic things on this discussion

God will continue to give more light IF they respond to general revelation in nature (Arminian view)
    God will make sure His elect somehow will get message out to them (calvinist)
    God will know what they would have done IF did actual get the Gospel message
    God will treat them like he does those under Age of accountibility sinners, covered by Cross of jesus Christ, as never were able to hear the Message

Or
    ALL go to hell..period...

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Tom, that question has already been answered on this thread. Its also not an "either/or" regarding fairness and mercy. Based what He has given us that I outlined in my first response God is both.

#23 webdog, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
  4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

All the scriptures you quoted are certainly true. But none of those verses in your first post mention Jesus Christ. Are you suggesting that the Light that has been given to all is sufficient, without reference to Jesus. In other words, is all we need to know about Jesus contained in the Light?

If it is, how is it true?
    If it's not sufficient, what do we do now?

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe everyone is interested in the questions of life. The Bible says seek and you will find. I believe this also applies to the questions of where we came from. If someone just searches for the truth of that one thing I believe they will find the answer because God will provide it.
    MB

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

On such an issue as this, I am so glad that God has a much higher pay grade than do I. It may well be that we (all of us) don't have all the answers theologically, logically, philosophically et al.

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Gloope1...(bolding mine)

Absolutely. The scriptures are so clear, yet they seem to go...wooosh...right over the heads of some on here.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has, and shall, condemn mutiplied millions to Hell who have never heard because of their sin --not because they rejected a message they never heard.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many actually have never heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But that is not why they are condemned. They are condemned for their sin.

Regarding Titus 2:11: Do you think that means that every single individual who has and shall live (including the many millions before Christ came) has been a witness to the grace of Christ?

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I "wooosh" you would would reconsider your attitude.

11. gloopey1

gloopey1 New Member

I was not discussing the standard by which men will be judged, I was pointing out that this excuse will not be available to those who rejected Him. Many excuses will be made by sinful men on that Day; however, this will not be one of them. Even these will have to admit that they heard, but never responded. I do believe that all men have heard and will hear.

12. Alive in Christ

Rippon...

Well, of course we all sin, nobody disputes that, but where do you get this idea that there are people who "never heard"?

Certainly not the scriptures.

The scriptures inform us that...

And there are so many other scriptures that support that truth.

Thank God for His magnificent provision for all to have the opportunity to choose wisely and be saved.

Of course there will always be those who reject. The majority, actually.

What a terrible thing, but God will give them what they have chosen.

#32 Alive in Christ, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  13. Alive in Christ

Gloopeye1...

I have a book by Zane Hodges from back in the 80's. It is just excellant.

14. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thank God for His magnificent provision for all to have the opportunity to choose wisely and be saved.
    This is just not so...you can believe what you want, but this is error
    Of course there will always be those who reject. The majority, actually.
    They are born in that condition
    What a terrible thing, but God will give them what they have chosen.[/QUOTE]

Totally wrong...AIC.....you keep mis-using Jn1:9...everytime

15. Alive in Christ

Huh? What do you mean?

There wasnt the slightest bit of "mean-ness" or vitriol, or aggression in my post at all.

It was 100% civil and friendly.

16. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

I posted...

And you responded....

You are entitled to your opinion. And I know that Calvin, and his writings, are considered the "authority" for you guys. I understand that.

I said...

And you said...

In the opinion of Calvin...but I am going to stick with Gods scriptures.

I said...

And you responded...

You are of course intitled to your opinions and views.

Brother Iconoclast....

You have every right in the world to cling to your calvinism teachings. *some* of those teaching are in fact good and true.

However...as for me, I am convinced that the *better* way to go is to be informed by the scriptures written by God Himself, rather than the speculations and convictions authored by a man.

God bless.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If webdog likes "beenie weenies", he just might be in the Van de "Camp"......I know, oh brother!! LOL

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The GOSPEL is God's power to save the sinner. Read Romans 1:16 very closely:

Rom. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

When God shows a sinner their lost condition, He is ready to save them right then and there, plain and simple. That is the GOSPEL being presented to them, plain as day!!

I also agree with this. But God can, and does, save outside of the "gospel message"

Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Where is the natural preacher at here???

AMEN!!!

Rom. 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

So yes, they are without excuse, Brother!! Good job!! You're getting there!! Hang in there, Brother!! You catching on!!!

I have nothing to lament about, Brother! I know that if my wife dies lost, she had a chance first to go to heaven. I do not worry about the call coming to her, but rather, how she handles it when it comes to her!!!

i am I AM's!!

Willis

19. gloopey1

gloopey1 New Member

Totally wrong...AIC.....you keep mis-using Jn1:9...everytime[/QUOTE]
    The book of Romans is written to believers. Contrary to popular opinion, it does not teach pople who are already saved how to "test" themselves for verification. The "salvation" spoken of in chapter 10 is deliverance for the saint, not eternal life for the lost.