1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keith Olberman on Bush's Escalation in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, Ken, what has happened to you?

This guy is merely insulting the President and the American people. He says that Bush is running the war by Clfiff Notes, the old Democrat thing about how stupid Bush is. He continues that Bush is not thinking--meaning evidently that Bush is not acting as the liberals would like.

He says that Bush threatens Iran and Syria--well good!

He says that Bush fails to consult Congress (meaning the Democrats) and has ignored the Baker-Hamilton commission. Well, Ken, it is called being Commander in Chief.

He says that the military is stretched thin. Is that news or something? Do you see any liberal Democrats doing anything other than saying that those who join the military are dolts who can't make a living any other way?

He even mentions WMDs but he does not call for action to be taken against George Tenet, who should have been fired the first day of the Bush administration for taking the Clinton line that there were WMDs.

Then he blames Bush for the execution of Saddam, saying that it might have offended the KKK of the 19th century. How could that be? Did your buddy feel the same way about what the Italians did to Mussolini? What happened to cultural diversity and it's their culture?

He says that the Bush plan fails symbolically, militarily, and politically, and acts as if Syria and Iran were not always enemies. The plan may fail symbolically and politically in Congress, now controlled by the Democrats, but it may work militarily and only time will tell.

The real problem is that the Democrats only want to cut and run the way they did in Korea, Viet Nam, and Somalia under Clinton. Never mind that our cutting and running might set off a worse bloodbath in the Middle East as a nuclear Iran begins to march in the name of Islam.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Hey CMG, even the republicans are now jumping ship:

A number of once-supportive Republican senators, including Norm Coleman of Minnesota, Sam Brownback of Kansas, and Gordon Smith of Oregon, went on record yesterday opposing an escalation in troop levels.
    "This is the president's Hail Mary pass," Smith said after the speech. "We are extending an ineffective tactic to further the status quo."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2007/01/11/cracks_appear_in_party_support/

He's lost it. Everyone with any sense knows it. And even for a republican, party loyalty has to take a back seat to patriotism.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Olberman is a blowhard. I have never seen more fiery rheteric without substance on TV anywhere. I laugh at him ... and that angry looking face makes you think he thinks you should be taking him seriously. But he shouldn't be taken seriously.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Olberman has the fastest growing audience in America. His viewership has risen 67% recently. He went from 3 to 5 viewers almost overnight.:smilewinkgrin:

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

As long as people are on the TV telling us what to think, we'll be right as rain...

:BangHead:

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rinos

It is not Republican Party loyalty that is behind my contempt for the liberal Republicans. I think that Brownback just took himself out of the running for the GOP nomination.

Anyway, you are a diehard Democrat, Galatian, so you can hardly lecture anyone whatsoever on party loyalty. You Democrats, Galatian, have only one idea about any war since WW II: cut and run--and you know that that is the truth when I write that all you want to do is cut and run. Afterall, all devout Catholics have to be against the war because the late Pope ruled it immoral.

Your speaker made the point on tv about the liberal Republicans deserting Bush. I don't think it is a good point because there always have been a number of liberal Republicans against the mainline GOP and Hagel, for example, has been against this war from the beginning. What matters is if the Commander in Chief can win.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check Hagel's voting record. He is quite conservative.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which fact did Olbermann cite that is incorrect?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been for getting out of Bush's Iraq mess for a long, long time now.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

As you have called him out, please provide us with examples of what you mean. Where is this "fiery rhetoric without substance?"

Regards, hope all is well,
    BiR

12. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't recall exact facts. I am talking about the substance of his opinion. It is poorly reasoned, and poorly presented. It is hard for me not to laugh watching him at the end of his show talking to someone who isn't listening. It is an opinion and he pretends like he knows everything. He gets this real serious earnest face, and then spews poorly reasoned rhetoric. It is funny to me ...

He should have stayed at ESPN on the big show. He, along with Dan Patrick, were the best sportscenter hosts ever. He is simply out of league, IMO.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I don't recall exact things he has said. His nonsense about WTC five years later was a classic example that I do recall. I rarely watch him because it is so ridiculous and I can only stand a certain amount of that kind of nonsense. It's the same reason I watch very little of Hannity and Colmes ... very little as in hardly ever ... unless I flip by it and see someone I want to see. I enjoy watching Dick Morris and Newt Gingrich.

Ice this morning ... perhaps more tonight. But still a good group at church this morning which was good.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't argue with the substance of what the man said so you attack his presentation.

15. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Now, you called him out on having no substance. Do you realize the seriousness of that charge?

Wow: we haven't had a winter at all. There have been a few cold days, but that is all. I rode my bike in Jamestown on Friday and Saturday.... in shorts. Today was even warmer. I hope tomorrow is as nice. It's really weird: this feels more like Tampa (where I lived before I was relocated to Richmond).

Regards, and stay safe,
    BiR

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Olberman is the current poster child for Bush haters united of America. His current splurge of so called popularity is directly connected to the ferocity of his anti Bush diatribes.

He's a howling moonbat enjoying a brief span of popularity amongst the other moonbats of the loony left. His popularity will last as long as he can continue to be be crazy enough to keep that audience happy.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. He has yet to attain that lofty status.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that carpro cannot debate the substance of what Olbermann said, either.

18. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can think anyone has "no substance" if he wants to, that's within his rights no matter what you may think.

Just think of KO as RL, does that help?

Heh, Keith Olbermann, the Bill O'Reilly wannabee. Do you think THIS may be an example of what you're referring to here, Pastor?

Oops, bad example. Godwin's Law, Keith loses, again.

Latest KO rant, random paragraph:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16583889/

Nice anti-American bashing there. Still, when all's said and done, Olbermann's just a fourth rate political commentator on a fourth-rate network.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is what he is.

Except for his Bush hating credentials, he has no substance.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you should be able to point out the facts in the commentary that you think are incorrect.

Yet you don't.

I think it is because you can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.