1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KenH's New Original Ron Paul for President Thread

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 18, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What Carpro and the rest of the establishment shills like Hannity and O'Rielly would have us believe is that Ron Paul is blaming U.S. citizens and/or the government for the attacks of 9/11. This whole ploy has already fallen flat on it's face because it's so simply ridiculous that even the co opted republicans can see that it's just a reaction to Paul's opponents inability to drag him down by using the "skeletons" in his closet.

John McCain tried the same ploy when he tried to blame American citizens (public opinion) for "losing" the intervention in Viet Nam. This is pure bunkum. That intervention was lost because as anyone who has studied the American revolution even a little can tell you is that organized armies using attrition will be bested by those resorting to guerrilla warfare almost every time. We whupped the British empire using it, the Afghans whupped the Soviets using it...da da da da da.

The strange part is that "we" taught the Afghans how to wage a guerilla war against a major superpower and win. Yet, we turn around and try to use attrition against the very same people "we" trained to beat the Soviets! Dumb dumb dumb!

Ron Paul is giving the establishment and the people a much needed history lesson. Unless you happen to be Hannity or O'Rielly then in that case like Bill O said during his interview with Ron Paul,"we don't need a history lesson".

Apparently you and Carpro do need a history lesson Bill.

It's not those who dissent or even our "freedom" that causes others to hate us, it's our attitude that the world is ours and our policy of aggresive warmongering, isolationism (sactions), military intimidation and killing of those who dare to think their nation should be run by the government it's own people chooses.

Ron Paul is saying it's the policy period! Trying to spin it into anything else is an act of desperation and dishonesty as far as I'm concerned.

#61 poncho, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2007
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nationwide March for Ron Paul New Year's Eve

Imagine thousands of Ron Paul supporters marching at the same time in every major city in the world! There are almost 100,000 meetup.com group members now. If we can get even 10% of the meetup group members to pledge that would be huge!

The R[3VOL]UTION is just getting started. We have shown the media that we can raise more money in one day than any candidate in history. Now it is time to show them, in person, just how many people this movement unites! What better way to show your support for Ron Paul than to march through the streets with fellow Ron Paul supporters? Join us this New Year's Eve and pledge to march in a major city near you!

We need your help spreading the word and getting other people to pledge as well. The more pledges there are, the more inspired people will be to show up. There will be tons of people flocking to these cities for New Year's Eve, so this is a great time to reach a huge audience

SOURCE

I'll be marching with my daughter and friends in Nashville Tennessee on New Years eve. Anybody else planning to march?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    State Softball

State Softball

Posted by Lew Rockwell at December 28, 2007 07:01 PM

Chris Matthews was smirking on Hardball tonight, discussing all the establishment-acceptable candidates (and ignoring the one who isn't). Then NBC's Chuck Todd broke the rules, right at the end, and said there's a new question being asked in Iowa: "Who will place after Ron Paul? Will it be Giuliani and Thompson?" The other panelists giggled nervously. A shocked Matthews said, "That's a sobering thought." Sobering? Wait until the caucuses.

-www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018071.html

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ken, just thought I would share this with you. I just drove through the one four way stop in our little down town area of South Missouri and found about 8 folks holding signs up for Ron Paul and waving at all of the cars going by.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting bit of news. It will be interesting between now and Super Duper Tuesday to see how the passion of the Paul supporters translates into caucus goers and primary voters.

Sometimes I feel rather optimistic about how well Paul will do and then at other times, having been deeply disappointed in how things turned out for Jack Kemp in 1988 and Steve Forbes in 1996, I wonder if Republican voters will truly return to voting en masse for limited government again.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    New Hampshire could surprise a lot of people.

Ron Beats Rudy?
    New Hampshire could surprise a lot of people.

BY ANDREW CLINE
    Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

MANCHESTER, N.H.--For several hours last Sunday, more than a dozen Ron Paul volunteers stood in snowdrifts in the rain outside the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester waving at last-minute Christmas shoppers and handing out hundreds of yards signs.

The campaign doesn't know how many people participated because, as with so many Paul rallies, this one was organized entirely by fans not officially associated with the campaign.

"We told them to take Christmas Eve and Christmas off, and next thing we know they're doing a sign wave at the mall," said Jim Forsythe, a self-employed engineer and former Air Force pilot from Strafford, N.H., who independently organizes volunteer efforts for Ron Paul.
    That spontaneous grassroots support is why Mr. Paul, an obstetrician from Lake Jackson, Texas, could pull off a stunner on Jan. 8 and place third in New Hampshire's Republican primary. If he does, he would embarrass Rudy Giuliani and steal media limelight from John McCain and Mitt Romney, who are battling for first place. ...

The buzz surrounding the Paul campaign is reminiscent of the grassroots campaign Democrat Carol Shea-Porter waged against Republican Rep. Jeb Bradley last year. Polls showed Mrs. Shea-Porter trailing by 19 points in October. With almost no money and no support from the Democratic establishment, she came from behind and beat the congressman 51% to 49%.

- rest at www.opinionjournal.com/cc/?id=110011060

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I do miss Jack Kemp. And I need to renew my Forbes subscription. Sorry...back to the topic at hand. :thumbs:

9. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Human Events asks: Would Reagan Vote for Ron Paul?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not.

It's just a different issue.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    I believe murdering 3000 innocent people is in excusable.

Of course he does. Of course you do. Of course all of us do.

But, then I'm not the one that's blaming the US for 911. Paul is.

"For the critics of our policy of foreign interventionism in the affairs of others the attack on New York and Washington was not a surprise..."

Ron Paul

#73 carpro, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  14. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

No he's not, you have interpreted Ron Pauls message completely wrong.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When asked if we invited the attacks of 911:

"I'm suggesting that we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it, and they are delighted that we're over there because Osama bin Laden has said, 'I am glad you're over on our sand because we can target you so much easier.'..."

Translation:

Yes, we invited the attacks.

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

And your translation is wrong. Ron Paul did not say is was America's fault for 911
    Ron Paul does have an understanding of our enemy but he never did legitimize their reasoning for their attack on us.

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Isn't Paul saying that the reason they came here to attack us is because we were over there?

18. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

You don't believe that our presence in Saudi Arabia had anything to do with our being attaked on 9/11?

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

My question was not about what I believe, but about what Paul says.

20. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Maybe , but he didn't legitimize their reasoning nor did he say it was America's fault for 911 .... Whooops, there I go again repeating myself.