1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kenneth Taylor?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DeclareHim, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

This happens to be a question about Kenneth Taylor translator of the Living Bible. Or paraphraser may be the more accurate term. Anyway many KJVO I know and a few of modern versionist I know claim that Kenneth Taylor has lost his speech since the Living Bible's release. Is this true? I know probably just another baseless rumor but still thought I would ask. One group I think everyone knows who claims it's a plague described in Revelation and befell Mr. Taylor because he was the man responsible for the LB.

2. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I recieved a email from a KJVO group the other day and it is filled with lies and mistatements. I'm just wondering about ol'Kenneth Taylor.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ask them for their documentation and ask to see it.

Take a look at http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/123/55.0.html "His son, Mark, is currently the president of Tyndale House, publishers of The New Living Translation (a translation rather than a paraphrase), the bestselling Left Behind series, the McGee and Me! video series and a substantial backlist of fiction and nonfiction."

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken Taylor died last year . His son Mark is at the helm . And NLT 2 is an improvement over NLT 1 which was a rather extensive revamp of the Living Bible . I like NLT 2 .

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

This is an awesome statement.

Good information.

(From Christianity Today article)

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

DeclareHim said:

Anyway many KJVO I know and a few of modern versionist I know claim that Kenneth Taylor has lost his speech since the Living Bible's release. Is this true?

In a matter of speaking. Taylor died last year.

My recollection is that he had had a stroke or something a number of years ago that affected his voice. Of course, such an affliction, though unfortunate, is not uncommon in the elderly. It is the height of presumption for KJV-onlyists to claim God was punishing him for paraphrasing the Bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.