1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry Slams Our Troops Again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Is he really trying to imply that it takes a lot of smarts to work the regulations to get pulled out of a war zone . . . and a lot of stupidity to stay in a war zone?

I tho't he was proud of 'his courage'.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Where is the rest of the story? Where is the transcript of what was said before or after that "cute liitle clip"

As we all know in good Bible dicussions, most any "clip" or verse can be taken OUT of context.

Link please to the transcript of the rest of the show...

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I have no idea how you expect your hermeneutic to apply to Kerry . . .

Just how do you apply your hermeneutic to politics?

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I used that example because as Christians, we ALL know ANYTHING can be taken out of context. Every one of us has had someone throw something at us from the Bible out of context to try to "prove their point".

This clip from Kerry, could be out of context. We don't know unless we hear or read the entire portion of that show.

I'm sorry if I confussed you with my example of how things can be out of context.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Jamie

That makes more sense, thank you and your apology is gratefully accepted.

Wayne

7. leesw

leesw Member

Here's transcript:

Speaking at a campaign event in California, former Democrat Presidential nominee and U.S. Senator John Kerry said that if you are smart, study hard, and do your homework you can do well, if not "you get stuck in Iraq."

Watch for yourself

John Kerry has never hidden his contempt for the armed forces very well, not even when he served in the Navy. Yesterday the mask slipped a little bit. At a political rally for California's Democratic challenger to Arnold Schwarzenegger for governor, Phil Angelides, Kerry told the Pasadena City College crowd to study hard and get an education -- or wind up like the military:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.” -John Kerry

It's worth recalling that Kerry at one time aspired to command these same men and women from the White House, and claims to still want to lead them. How would these people react to taking orders from a Commander-in-Chief who believes them to be uneducated, lazy losers?

We'll see if Kerry's peers in the Democratic Party support Kerry's description of our fighting men and women. If Democrats that have had John Kerry campaign on their behalf refuse to address Kerry's remarks or openly supports their characterization, it will expose the hypocrisy and the contempt that the Left has for the military. All of the talk of "supporting the troops" will be revealed as lip service.

(Alternate identical video in case the other goes away mysteriously)

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It stands pretty much on it's own Jamie. I can't think of any way to frame it with text that changes his point.

9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

What I thinks is so interesting from the original link that carpro gave us was that the radio station offers the "The Jesus Christ Show" that airs on sunday hosted by Jesus Christ with some great bumper music from such rock legends as Jimi Hendrix.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this link a zero for it's lack of taste and credibility.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares?

By now it's all over the news that he revealed his true attitude about military personel once again and Kerry is screaming like a stuck pig.

Letter to Michell Malkin:

Michelle,

I'm a reserve Army officer, currently employed as a professor overseas.
    The DoD contracts with several universities to offer undergraduate and
    graduate degrees to servicemembers, either online or face-to-face, in
    darn near every corner of the planet. Many enlisted soldiers have
    graduate degrees; many more have bachelor's degrees, and the rest are
    working on them.

Teaching soldiers is immensely rewarding, because they work their butts
    off. They have full-time duties, and usually families and children too;
    some even attend classes while deployed. To survive my chemistry
    courses, students spend three hours in lecture, two nights a week, and
    their Friday nights or Saturdays in the lab, week after week. Getting a
    bachelor's or master's degree this way is not easy, but they do it
    anyway. To better themselves, to get promoted, to prepare for civilian
    careers -- to, y'know, "be smart."

The fact of the matter is, the US military is the most educated in the
    history of mankind. Once again, Kerry's remarks display his revolting
    elitism, and shocking ignorance. Military students are /educated/, not
    indoctrinated, and do not have daddy footing the bill -- and this is
    precisely what makes their degrees worth more than Kerry's.

Sara Townsley
    Assistant Professor
    UMUC-Europe

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Senator John Kerry may have just cost the Democrats the control of one or both houses of Congress that they may have been poised to win next Tuesday.

He has once again showed his disdain of the military.

He ought to do damage control by saying, "That was a really stupid remark that I made. I opened my mouth without considering how my statement would sound. By no means do I believe that only dumb men and women join our military. I sincerely apologize to them, to their families, and to anyone who was offended by my remark."

#11 KenH, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  12. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

And that is why you posted the link because your concern was not for its' credibility? What kind of Christian would listen to programming from this station ths airs "The Jesus Christ Show" hosted by Jesus Christ. This is more suited to the fanatics of this world than the Christians.

13. leesw

leesw Member

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/31/D8L3OTV00.html

White House Spokesman Slams Kerry Remark
    Oct 31 12:59 PM US/Eastern

By JENNIFER LOVEN
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

The White House accused Sen. John Kerry on Tuesday of troop-bashing, seizing on a comment the Democrat made to California students that those unable to navigate the country's education system "get stuck in Iraq."

"Senator Kerry not only owes an apology to those who are serving, but also to the families of those who've given their lives in this," White House press secretary Tony Snow said. "This is an absolute insult."

SNIP

A potential rival to Kerry in 2008 _ Republican Sen. John McCain _ said in a statement that Kerry "owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education."

Democrats , as usual when one of them really sticks their foot in their mouth, are quiet.

McCain and Kerry are friends.

15. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Congratulation leesw for willingness to provide some credible links. It really shows that you care enough to present a more unbiased view.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

From the CNN link:
    Perhaps Bush isn't the only one to misspeak on occasion.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goes to show what poor quality candidates the two major parties presented us with in 2004.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Nice effort by Kerry's spokesman at trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Kerry has already ruined his chances of that particular strategy working with his defensive posturing when called on his statements.

This sounds very much like an afterthought...try to turn this mess around, kind of thing.

19. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

You are so right! One, any one, has to pay close attention to what was written for them to spew out. Ooops, for them to speak out.

Wonder what it would be like if it were a requirement that our candidates write their own speeches? Wow, wouldn't that be a zinger? Wonder which ones are capable of doing so?

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

100% in agreement with that statement. At the time, I felt Bush was the better candidate. Just because he has proven to be what he is today, that does not make Kerry any better of a candidate. The only point to be made is that people like Dick Cheney who never lifted a hand to serve this country, and Bush who played pilot, are asking others to give their lives. With the moral authority of these two, it makes one kind of sick, and the public is sick of both of them, which is why the democrats are going to make significant inroads next week. Too bad for America, both choices are pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.