1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Glorified Adulterers

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Young man, your laughter reveals much about yourself.

Is it a nervous laugh because your earlier post revealed too much about where your interests lie? Is that why you failed to answer the questions presented?

Interesting. :flower:

BTW... you said: "pontificaton on and on"
    As of the writing of this reply:

Zaac - Join date: June 2012 - posts 1,680
    OT - Join date: December 2011 - posts 1,194

Think about it. :rolleyes:

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure does. It's my Biblical namesake.

Why did you fail to answer the questions asked of you?

Interesting. :flower:

I thought about it and the question remains. You have no problem going on and on about politics and other inane things. have they helped you to better hear the voice of the Holy Spirit?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever heard of what happens when you wrestle with a skunk?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Zaac...

...you may have bitten off more than you think! :laugh:

I couldn't agree with you more. These two, and so many others, like Marsha Stevens [who wrote and performed the once popular song, "For those Tears I Died"] glorify their adultry/fornication [both gay and straight], making it seem to those in the world, that, "Hey, it's okay to live in lust and sin! Just look at me, I'm famous and people worship me!" We even have a living ex-president, growing in popularity, who had numerous affiars, and lied about his fling in the Oval Office. Even our current POTUS and VPOTUS have dropped the "F" bomb in public, and they go on like heroes in the eyes, hearts and minds of many Americans.
    It is so sad, that what was once a morally reprehensible, is now normal and even used to encourage others to do the same.

This society believes the church should change their strict values because society has evolved and changed its values. They fail to recognize that the Word of God is unchanging, and HIs followers will not change or adjust to the ever shifting sands of morals and values in a sick and disgusting world.

Thanks for taking on a tough topic, and calling it for what it is: DISGUSTING!

#24 righteousdude2, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
  5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Just thought I'd point out that me, you, and all us good church-going folk are also "filthy disgusting people" if God were to consider us on our own merits.

That's all.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

post of the thread!

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree with you that the post is quoted is the post of the thread. What is my sin in the sight of God? Filthy? Yes. Gross? Yes. Disgusting? Yes.

I don't even know these names, but they sound like folks who need to meet our Jesus and needs our prayers instead of our stones.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...

....you have a great point. HOWEVER, I think Zaac is right on by saying that the world is showing it's sinful nature by glorifying these types of folks.

I guess we could go back to the other post "Is it a sinners fault that he of she or heshe will go to hell? And this just shows that if there is a label of fault to be pasted upon the persons name tag when they end up in hell, it would have to be, "It is my fault I'm here!"

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But why do we need more evidence of wickedness? It is obvious without talking about these two people I don't even know. 'For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...'

If we are not careful we get so focused on what the world does naturally that we forget to look at our own, less obvious, but just as real sins such as pride, idolatry, backbiting, and having unloving spirits.

#29 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  10. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

To set the scene:
    It's Sunday morning, during the 10 minutes between the end of Sunday school and the beginning of the worship service. Meet and greet time as everyone finds their place in the pews. Overhead during this time:

I think it's absolutely disgusting that Mary Jane is expecting. Did you know the baby's father is Joe Smith?! You know, that man who runs Acme Auto Repair. After all, she's STILL married to Bob Jones. I know that for a fact as I've been keeping up with her. Still no divorce papers.

While, we've got a minute, have you heard about Edna? You know, the one who won cake baking contest. Well, the word is out all over town that she cheated and didn't follow the rules. I heard she sneaked some forbidden ingredients into her batter. Served her right when they took away her blue ribbon and prize money.

I know one thing, I'm going to be upset if either one of them gets a job at the new Chic sewing factory. The grapevine has it that the owner's don't care who they hire as long as they can make a profit.

Oh, that remind's me. I've got to take my car to Acme and get a tune-up. Wanna go with me and check out the new shipment of Chic at the department store?

What did you say? Oh, the message this morning. Well, I just haven't had time to check the bulletin yet. As usual, the preacher will probably be stepping on someone else's toes this morning.

Laughter fades away as the choir rises to sing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.