1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV chapter summaries online?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bruce Wilcox, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Bruce Wilcox

Bruce Wilcox New Member

(Please forgive me if this is considered off-topic.)

Re the chapter summaries found in the KJV Bible in the 1600s and (with updated spelling) commonly included in KJV Bibles in the first half of the 20th Century (e.g., Genesis, Chapter 1 - "1 The creation of heaven and earth, 3 of the light, 6 of the firmament,", etc.):

I realize that these, like chapter, verse and paragraph divisions, were not inspired text, but...

Does anyone know if these summaries are copyrighted? If they're not, does anyone know if there is an online or downloadable copy of the KJV on the Internet which includes these, or if they're included in any Bible software or CDs?

I'm inspired (no pun intended) by the efforts and results of the folks at www.interleafbible.com and am in the process of producing KJV text files which could be more quickly formatted in word processors than those I've found so far on the Internet (which use verse notations such as "001:002" or "GEN1:2"). For their historic interest I'd like to include the chapter summaries, but I'm not up for the months of typing it would take me to transcribe them.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not, I've looked for a cd version myself as well. The best you can do is buy a Nelson Roman type reproduction of the 1611 Edition 1, then use a hand held scanning wand and start scanning page by page, but be careful about copyrights. You may have to get their permission to scan it onto a hard drive.

HankD