1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kurt Warner

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I am a huge Kurt Warner fan. I feel he stands for all that is right in professional sports. He seems to be genuine and consistent in his walk with Christ. The Arizona Cardinals just signed Edgerrin James to run the ball so I expect Warner to have a great season and possibly return to the pro bowl.

2. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

Although my kids think I have betrayed the St.L Rams, I am also a Warner fan. I'd like to see him do well. I pray his success continues to give him a platform from which to share Jesus.

3. NateT

NateT Member

I've never really liked him as a football player. Part of it is being from the other side of the state. I'm glad he is a Christian and hope that he can share his faith in the locker room. But I just don't think he's that good. Yeah, he won an MVP and a Super Bowl, but he seems to be more of a flash in the pan. He broke all sorts of Montana and Young records, but they were consistently good.

I seriously doubt anything good will come from AZ unless their management gets reworked (GM, President, Owner etc.)

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

For 3 seasons, Warner was spectacular. I've always wondered what happened to him. Was it injuries? Did the Super Bowl loss affect him that much and give him the yips? Or, was it that teams figured out that you could put a big rush on him up the middle and he wasn't mobile enough to get away? I don't know.

Yep, I agree completely.

5. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Kurt Warner had a very nice season for the Arizona Cardinals during the 2005 NFL Football season. He threw for over 300 yards in 5 of his 10 starts. With receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald making big plays in the passing game and Edgerring to improve upon what was a terrible running game in 2005, the Cardinals and Warner are looking for big things this season. Warner just wasn't heard much about because the Cardinals struggled as a team.

6. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

I thought James went to Dallas ?I like Kurt Warner alot also .