1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ladies...Did you read the For Men Only polls?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by DorthyMontine, Jun 8, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

Confession time! Fes up!

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

not yet, but i'm going now :laugh:

3. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

You unruly woman you! :laugh:

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

:tongue3: yep

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:laugh: I sure enough did. BTW, what do you consider modest or immodest? Your questions seemed biased one way, so i was wondering if you would clarify. :)

6. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Are you kidding me? Of course I read them!! :thumbs:

Now are you gonna do a "For Women Only" poll? :smilewinkgrin:

7. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

If you are a married woman, and your husband is a godly man, I say ask him! Afterall, you are under his authority not mine! :tongue3:

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Yup, I read them too......:laugh:

Honestly, I don't see a bias either.

9. Milady

Milady New Member

Of course, they might be the ones doing the polls, but I like to know how they think!

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Your polls seem to say if a woman is wearing anything ut pants she is not modestly dressed, and that is a judgement. And here you say instead of jusging if it is immodest or not to ask our husbands. Mine sees nothing wrong with pants, and not once ever thinks it is immost. In fact we have discussed it becasue it comes up on here a few times a year, he thinks dresses are more immodest as you see legs and the wind blows them. And of course you are limited on what you can do wearing them. Thats what my husband thinks.

11. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That was a fair question. Since you did the polls then why not let us know. What do you consider modest and immodest?

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

She must have had some idea when she started the polls, but refuses to share that. If is to be based on what a husband believes then I think it should have been her husband to psot the polls.

13. Ciela

Ciela New Member

Of course the ladies are listening in. Tee hee. :laugh:

The qualifier, for me at least to be mildly curious, is that the conversation not be about sports (I like to play sports on occasion--don't get me wrong, but I'm bored as a board when it comes to hearing about it or watching it), cars, machines, etc.

If I listen to my hubby in particular visiting with "the guys" without interruption from "the gals", I have actually learned a great deal more about him. Sometimes we gals kinda hog the conversation and miss out on the other half that could be contributed. My hubby is hilarious around "the guys"--of course I listen in.

Ciela

14. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

These polls were not about what I considered modest or immodest, nor were they about what any of the other women here at the forum considered modest or immodest. They were to learn what Christian men considered modest or immodest. It was to get their opinions and gain some insight from them. It was to let them speak.

Is it really that hard for us women to let a man have an opinion? :laugh:

By the way…look who’s judging. For are you not judging me by my polls? Why do you assume I have a bias or an agenda. Good grief, are not all garments included… pants, short, dresses, etc. Do I sense a touch of sensitivity among some? Why? I’ve not said anything either way. Neither do I intend to….would rather leave you to your curiosities! Knowing how that drives us women crazy! :wavey:

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

No one is saying a man can not have an opinion. But the way your questions are worded it is clear you ahve an opinion, as they are quit biased in the direction that women are immodestly dressed if they wear pants. You should not start a topic if you will not discuss it.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

If this isn't the pictured of biasedness.

would you like to see women dressed more feminine (and just what is that?)
    what do you consider to be more feminine....
    answer, modest dresses/long flowing skirts (?)
    and if a woman isn't wearing a modest dress/long flowing skirt...(?)
    question,,, Does the way a woman dresses affect your level of respect for her?
    so what, if a woman isn't wearing a modest dress/long flowing skirt, she isn't feminie, and isn't modest, and therefore does not deserve respect. (?)

no, I don't think we are reading anything in to your polls, it's all there in plain sight.

17. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

Donna,

I'm sorry, but I will have to differ with your thoughts on this.
    I do not think my questions were biased at all. The men were given choices to make. How could I be biased in a yes/no question?

Would you like to see Christian women take issue of 'modest dress' more seriously?

Would you like women to dress more 'feminine'

Which would you consider to be most feminine on a woman?
    (Various choices given)

Note: This question was not asking if it was wrong or immodest for a woman to wear either pants or a dress, it was asking..."What do you consider to be the 'most feminine'. Pay attention to the question!

Does the way a woman dresses affect your level of respect for her?

Obviously, this question would be considered in context of the situation, as some men stated.

Have you ever struggled with impure thoughts when seeing a woman immodestly dressed?

Modesty applies to speech and conduct as well as dress?

Now, you may say that the results of the polls are biased, in that they may lean in a certain direction and establish a certain opinion of the men involved. But, I didn't do the voting...they did. So, I don't think I was biased at all, though the results may be.

Furthermore, if the men were uncomfortable about answering those questions, they did not have to. Yet, for their protection, I did keep the poll private, should they choose to participate! :laugh: Obviously, one can get into a pickle just posting a poll, let alone voting in it! :tongue3:

18. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yep, it's pretty clear.

:rolleyes:

19. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

I haven't, but maybe I will now.