1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leaders in House Block Earmarks to Corporations

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 11, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

Did you bother to do any research into this or are you just talking through your hat?

Read this article and get back with me on your opinion of whether the Democrats will go along with the Republicans in ending ALL earmarks.

http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San...end-earmark-spending-for-the-rest-of-the-year

"In a united front all House Republicans voted to end any earmarks in every piece of legislation for the rest of the year."

"Democrats had a dissenting view on earmarks. "I don't believe this policy or ceding authority to the executive branch on any spending decision is in the best interests of the Congress or the American people," Senator Dan Inouye (D-Hawaii) said."

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republicans would immediately switch and be against the idea.

3. targus

targus New Member

I'm sorry but you are not a fortune teller.

The Republicans are already on board.

It is a Republican proposal.

I am asking if you think that the Democrats will go along with ending all earmarks in the House.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like foam on top of a glass of beer...looks impressive, but means nothing.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is not a Democrat-Republican issue. This is a get rid of all incumbents issue. Once again, for the 1000th time, you attempt to create a false gap between the two major parties when none exists. If we governed by the Constitution, unlike the two parties, there would not only be an end to earmarks, but an end to over half the cabinet posts.