1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leanness of the soul

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by standingfirminChrist, Feb 2, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

When one diets, one's body naturally becomes leaner over a period of time. What are some of the things that bring a 'leanness to the soul'? And what are some of the disadvantages resulting from such leanness?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fellowship.

Hebrews 10:25.

Like that story about coals; take one away, and it loses its fire, its warmth; move it back closer to the other coals, and it reignites.

(for those that might have seen it, I originally posted Heb 10:28; then I found a place to look it up, and made necessary correction)

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think that taking care of one's physical temple contributes to the well-being of the spiritual temple. Not so much that the spirit is dependent upon the body, but moreso that having the proper attitude towards, and respect for, one's body also puts ones' mind into proper perspective that results in having a proper attitude towards, and respect for, one's spirit. A Christian who takes proper physical care of himself is probably more willing to take proper spiritual care of himself. However, that's a generalization, not a hard fast rule. There are plenty of rebellious fit people, and no shortage of slovenly righteous.

But it's been my personal experience that a person who disciplines himself to be physically fit also disciplines himself to be spiritualy fit. At my gym, there are quite a few people who are reading scripture while on the treadmill. [​IMG]
    It takes more work to take proper care of one's body and spirit. Lots of regular, periodic, and faithful maintenance. It's easier to fix the broken than it is to keep something from getting broke.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin brings leaness to the soul, see Psalm 88 for the outcome.

HankD