1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Learning from the rational Apostle.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jope, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without saying that the other Apostles weren't rational, I'd like to focus our attention on John 21:20-23:

John 21 ESV, bold emphasis mine
    20 Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them, the one who also had leaned back against him during the supper and had said, “Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?” 21 When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about this man?” 22 Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!” 23 So the saying spread abroad among the brothers that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?”​

I think that a lesson can be learned from this.

I think that speculation can wrongly turn into conviction, when what should be done is what the Apostle did: hold only to the actual fact as it is.

#1 Jope, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Verily I say unto you, there are some of them that stand here, who shall in no wise taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Mt 16:28

#2 kyredneck, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:26)

"Truly, Truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death." (John 8:51)

"...but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel..." (2 Timothy 1:10)

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

So, exegete these verses for us, please.

5. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen I agree.