1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

left/right?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by donnA, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Simple - I regretted my harshness and immediately deleted it. I still don't think what you call persecution actually is, but was overly harsh.

#61 NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen people say this here, but that does not mean they are conseratives (politically)or republicans, nor does it mean they are liberals(politically) or democrates.

3. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Maybe I used the wrong word if not persecution definitely discrimination.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

persecution is persecution no matter how severe, or minor it may look to someone else, and people losing their jobs is pretty severe in our current economy.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no real persecution in the US of Christians. There might be name calling, being made fun of, shunned, or some such other mind game, but no persecution. Its like we play the fake martyr game.

Now, Stephen who was stoned, James who was killed by the sword, Paul who was beheaded, or Peter who was nailed to an upside down cross, now thats persecution. That pattern has been repeated by millions in the last 2000 years for the name of Christ.

Persecution in this country, give me a break. We are so spoiled, we would not know persecution execpt on a news cast. Saying "I am so hurt and offended, he called me a name" is not persecution. We are a country of a bunch of thin skinned spolied brats. While we sit around in our warm houses, have plenty to eat, and clothes to wear while most of the rest of the world is starving with no where to stay, we sit in our comfy chairs griping about a few verbal barbs.

Praise God Peter and Paul didn't cry like babies every time they were called a name.

#65 saturneptune, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Main Entry: per·se·cu·tion
    Function: noun
    : punishment or harassment usually of a severe nature on the basis of race, religion, or political opinion in one's country of origin persecution and sought asylum>

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree this is sad and shows how much further we have to go as a nation.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Agreed, and if I connected one to the other then I apologize and admit I was wrong. Your point is well taken... :thumbs:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You beat me to it, persecution is making one suffer which doesn't have to mean death.

I think what's happening in her area is sad and I will keep them in prayer. Hard to believe how an election, winning or losing side, will make someone have such disregard for their fellowman. That illuminates the true heart of sinful Man and the core reasons we needed a savior. I pray they find Jesus so He can save them from themselves.

10. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I Thank You :praying:

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Discrimination, harassment, possibly.

This kind of discrimination goes both ways. For example, walk into a bar in any small town in the south and start praising the president elect and see what happens.

This is just politics.

Remembered the way conservatives criticised those said things like "Bush will never be MY president!' with replies like "If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!'

Now the shoe is on the other foot - simple enough.

12. givengrace

givengrace New Member

No I'm sorry it's much worse. Did people lose there jobs for sending E mail's Or just get in trouble for sending E mail jokes?

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Email was still quite young then and not as common :)

Workplace emails are an issue that still needs to be dealt with.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It is difficult to believe what you say here considering that Georgia cast its electoral votes for McCain. This obviously means there are more voters in your state that supported McCain rather than Obama.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Email policy is set by each different company. In the federal government, emails and the intranet are basically for on the job tasks. Limited time to personal emails and the like are permitted. Emails that have racial overtones, joking or not, are not tolerated. I would think this would be true of any business.

16. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Georgia as a WHOLE may have Voted for McCain Even the County in which I live majority Voted for McCain but that doesn't matter because it's the OBAMA supporters who are treating the rest of us unfairly. IMO

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

God of course controls everything that happens in the universe. But Jesus stressed that after He was gone the Holy Spirit would come to give Christians power. Christ commanded us to go and make disciples. That doesn't mean that we save anyone but it means that we are to facilitate the creation of new converts. A good example of this is Phillip and the eunuch.

Christ also said that if we help the sick and poor it is the same as offering that help to Jesus Himself. In fact He said that in the description of the Final Judgment in Mathew 25 so that means it is a very significant command.

In general we are told to:

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.
    Mar 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Still looking for LeBuick's claims to be proven with clear quotes and links or retracted....

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

You mean as in Matt. 18:15-20? Are you suggesting that this passage designed to maintain the purity of the Body of Christ ought to be ignored (or cut out of our Bibles)?

Nice try at dodging the issue. I am speaking to you as a Moderator on the Baptist Board not as an individual poster here. You made some very specific charges against conservatives who post in this forum.

I am not asking you to tell me that you have seen posts "that ... (fill in the blank)". I am asking you to either back up your accusations with clear quotes and links to BB user's posts that prove your claims, or retract the accusations you made against the brothers and sisters in Christ who post here.

Specifically this is the part of your post that I am asking you to either prove or retract:

#79 Bible-boy, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Church is tearing itself apart by compromising with the world and/or bring the world into the Church. A congregation that embraces homosexuality and abortion is not the Body of Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.