1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Legit questions for all

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by thjplgvp, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You are right about many errors in modern versions.

I only use the KJV for many years because the Roman Catholic system recommends modern versions over the KJV.

2. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

I use the KJB because it is "THE WORD of GOD"

3. standingfirminChrist

Amen AskJo and william!

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. william s. correa

There is truth in what you say but not all of it is truth! For we must have Every Word of God wether in English or any language! If a Version is missing something you will have to resort back to the KJB to get it all and it is not a preference it is a mandate from our savior to win the lost at any cost! Like my previous post where I went to an Episcopalians Pastors house and saw for myself EVERY Version, I mean all that you Qouted and many more that He Said were the Word of God. But the funny thing About all that was that way back in the corner was a Book not a version or translation a Book! under some peapers: dusty, covered up with other books which he said was "Based on the KJB" Now all that might not mean a hill of beans to you but is sure was an Eye awakening seen that pointed me to the one World religion that is spoken in the KJB! Just some food for thought! Don't be deceived! Jesus said "Many" shall come in My name: Amen!

6. Anti-Alexandrian

But is it not "BLIND faith" and guesswork when you and others say that the Alexandrian forgeries are just as much the woG as the Bibles based on the Receptus?? The Bible is silent on the subject of God's word being buried in the sands of Egypt,but yet Paul himself got the woG for his mission trips from Antioch,Syria.You say Biblical faith consists of "SUBSTANCE and EVIDENCE";I say show us the evidence for your "faith"!

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No William if this were the case I would refer back to the Greek Manuscripts that were used by the translators. They are the source of original truth, not a translation of them. The translations are reliable expressions of the Manuscripts.

Bro Tony

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

As is my NKJV. Praise God!!!

Bro Tony

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Correct! [​IMG]

The Scripture called, "Christians" in Antioch, Syria.

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Based on what do you make this statement? The other day you had a problem with the NKJV translating a word in Revelation as bright instead of white. It was shown to you that the word is more correctly translated as bright, rather than as the color white. Which version more correctly translated the meaning of the word? Again, before you answer too quickly I remind you that the same Greek word is used to describe Jesus in the last chapter of Revelation as "the bright and morning star". Even the KJV translators, translated it that way. Did the word change meanings in just a couple of chapters? You claim that the KJV is the best translation based on your faith in the version, not based on any biblical proof or knowledge of the original language.

Bro Tony

11. william s. correa

But is it not "BLIND faith" and guesswork when you and others say that the Alexandrian forgeries are just as much the woG as the Bibles based on the Receptus?? The Bible is silent on the subject of God's word being buried in the sands of Egypt,but yet Paul himself got the woG for his mission trips from Antioch,Syria.You say Biblical faith consists of "SUBSTANCE and EVIDENCE";I say show us the evidence for your "faith"! </font>[/QUOTE]I Agree with you brother up to a certain point! We All have been given a measure of faith even though we might not even know it! even if we are not even saved! I speak as a man. From my experiance as first a devout Roman Catholic then converted by later beeing saved at the age of 19 ( Im 39 now) that even though I had a Head Knowledge of God I still did not have that heart Knowledge that every beleiver needs in order to be saved! By All that i mean that ; do you Know when you hit your finger with a Hammer and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is God! We have to be careful that we are not driven by any thing else other than the Holy Spirit! Now I may have Misunderstood you! forgive me if I sound like I'm not sure of your purpose about Why you are Anti Alexadrian. I mean I Know why I am! But I'm really not really sure that we are all singing off of the same page and where this conversation will take me? I just really think that we should all be like minded toward the subject at hand ! Thanx and please dont get me wrong! God bless and wait to hear from you again!

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Making this false statement about many errors again for the umpteenth time still does not make it true. Mormons hand out the KJV---so what.

Bro Tony

13. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

As usual, AA is using an intellectually dishonest argument.

There is no problem with having a conviction that is outside of the bible. I have convictions and beliefs about sports, art, music, movies, fashion, and 1000 other things that have nothing to do with the bible.

I also have many convictions and beliefs ABOUT the bible which are not IN the bible. There are a few readings which I believe the Alexandrian manuscripts are more accurate than the Byzantine, but nearly every one of those occur when the Byzantine is also split over the reading. HOWEVER, I do not recall ever claiming, in any way , that YOU are WRONG if you choose to use the KJV. There is no possible way to PROVE something BIBLICALLY where the BIBLE is SILENT on it. Therefore, "Let every man be convinced in his own mind". I see no problem with disagreeing, having honest debate where we state our cases and support them with evidence and reason.

If you have something against the Alexandrian manuscripts, very well, then post the EVIDENCE and REASON as to why you disagree, and then engage in some honest debate. However, it seems to date you have only posted anger, and then attempted to pass that off as caring about the subject? I remember asking you to back up many of your claims, and you refused. What more would you like us to do?

Here is the difference: The KJVO claims that all other versions are not God's word. This means that all Christians are commanded to use the KJV. I reject this, and I will require serious evidence in order to accept such a doctrine. OTOH, I believe the NASB is God's word AS WELL AS the KJV, and others, and you are bound by nothing. I am not making blanket claims about the bible, but it is the KJVO who does so.

I am unaware of anyone on this board that was a problem with someone who USES the KJV only, but only those who claim all others need to be using the KJV or are in the wrong.

I really hope you are finally able to understand the difference.

14. william s. correa

Making this false statement about many errors again for the umpteenth time still does not make it true. Mormons hand out the KJV---so what.

Bro Tony
    </font>[/QUOTE]Do they have Errors or not ?

15. standingfirminChrist

one can also say your stance against the KJV being the most accurate copy of the original manuscripts does not make it true.

16. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

William,

You and many others still have not addressed the Error in Revelation 17:8.

I asked you which manuscript has the reading found in the TR and the KJV. So far, you have claimed there was one, but still have yet to produce it.

Do you plan too, or is your google running slowly these days?

If it does not exist in any manuscript on the planet, how can it be an accurate reading?

17. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJV is not a copy of the original manuscripts by any standard.

It is a translation.

18. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Careful brother before you make a slanderous statement against me. I have never made the claim you have made attributed to me. You need to show where I have or you need to retract your false statement.

Bro Tony

19. standingfirminChrist

I see no error in Revelation 17:8 in the KJV. Just because others say it should read bright instead of white does not make it so.

The greek word can mean either bright or white depending on the context. I have strong convictions that the word 'white' is the correct translation in this verse.

20. standingfirminChrist

If you are making a statement that the accusations of errors in the other versions are false, then you indeed are saying they are more accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.