1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lest we forget

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by matt wade, Jun 19, 2015.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Another "somewhat related" issue is expounded in the 2012 video "Losing Our Sons," produced by Americans for Peace and Tolerance [Don't let that organization's name "fool you"!!].

What this video is about is the 2009 Little Rock, AR, "drive-by shooting" at an US Army recruiting station that resulted in the death of one Caucasian man's son and the eventual imprisonment of the African-American's son.

I had the distinct privilege of meeting in person both of these gentlemen a couple years ago when they were the featured speakers at a meeting that was held in the "Cool Springs" area of Franklin, TN. [FYI, Franklin is the county seat of Williamson County, TN, located immediately SW of Davidson County--the "home" of Nashville, TN, the capital of TN.]

The fathers of these very diverse sons have dedicated their lives to bring together what are probably the two most divided races in the USA.

The son of the father who did the shooting studied at TN State University, Nashville TN where he came under the sway of Jihadist Islamists and wound up in Yemen for "advanced training" in their ideology subsequent to his shooting the other man's son who was "Awaiting Further Orders" at the recruiting station.

This son's father was a deacon in a Baptist church in the Memphis, TN, area and was hopeful that the scholarship to TSU that his son was awarded would be helpful in his son's eventual taking over of his father's "family business."

What impressed me the most was that apparently nobody, either on or off the TSU, ever tried to "reach" him for the cause of Jesus Christ---and I suppose that "nobody" could have just as easily have been me.

Please forgive me for "straying off the OP's message." Right now, I'm crying for both the OP's message and this posting.

[NOTE: If you're at all interested in this, you can PM me and/or Google "Losing Our Sons."]