1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let God Be True

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Mar 27, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

HP
    You are deliberately twisting what MACE16 said in his testimony. Read it again! He said nothing about being beset by a particular sin that he was not willing to let go. He simply stated that; well let him tell you again in his own words:
    Since I have yet to meet only one sinless person, Jesus Christ; MACE16 states very succinctly what everyone who does not believe in Eternal Security must go through in their "Christian" life: "So, I go find a sinner's prayer and read that, convinced I needed to be saved again. After about a year, this grew quite wearisome. I was saved, then lost, saved, then lost, etc.."

2. OldRegular

HP

You say: " Scripture is of no private interpretation, and to assume it is in a debate is less than meaningful." I agree! Read these Scripture and yield to the teaching of the Holy Spirit. Do not be bound by the erroneous doctrine in which you have been indoctrinated.

In reality, you are not seeking the truth that is plainly revealed in these Scripture I posted, rather you just want to quibble over my words and call that debate! If you want to quibble then quibble with the words of Jesus Christ. It is Him, as the Apostle John, stated that you are calling a liar. Again, the Scripture I presented, particularly from the Gospel of John leave no room for any interpretation other than that those who are saved are kept Eternally Secure by GOD Himself. Anyone who does not believe that will find himself in the same position that MACE16 found himself before he came into the knowledge of GOD's truth:
    HP
    You also state:"Again, save your pity. What some novice debater might attempt to uitilize in a debate with an Atheist is useless here." I am not sure that you are not to be pitied more than an Atheist. They will at least give a straight answer. If you were really interested in debate rather than quibbling over my words you would respond to the Scripture I posted and my the question I posed.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think if you present you scriptures and cannot convince the other party,we should agree to disagree. BUT if the other is asking sincerely to learn and not to quarrel over the matter that should be done with patients and love. Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.:1_grouphug:

4. OldRegular

There are many Scripture passages that are open to discussion. However, there are certain passages that are not. One of these is John 14:6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. A second is John 10:30. I and [my] Father are one.

Now these passages are either true or not. They are not open to argument. Jesus Christ is one with the Father or He is not. Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father or he is not. One must choose! If Jesus Christ is not trustworthy then we are of all people most miserable.

The following passages that were in the OP fall in the same category. They teach that God will keep Eternally Secure those who are His through Jesus Christ. They are either true or not but they are certainly not open to argument. Again, if they are not true then Jesus Christ is not trustworthy and we are of all people most miserable.

Hebrews 7:22-28 KJV
    22. By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
    23. And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
    24. But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
    25. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
    26. For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
    27. Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
    28. For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

John 6:35-40, KJV
    35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
    36. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
    37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
    40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 10:27-30, KJV
    27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
    29. My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.
    30. I and [my] Father are one.

Romans 8:28-30, KJV
    28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.
    29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.