1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let the GROUP doctrine debates begin!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DQuixote, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

As a reminder................

(Previous post was "50 Most Influential Christians on the BB")

1. You posted your candidates previously.
    2. You met with your candidates to determine what it is in their doctrine
    that all of you can agree with. You discovered where all of your group can agree.
    3. Reduced it to writing. Now, present it, as a group, to the BB. You can choose a presenter (Spokesperson, Group Captain).

No departure from this rule.

Now all you have to do is debate your GROUP'S point of view with those who do not agree with it. Let's say that there are 5 in your group, 5 in another group, 5 in still another group. Obviously, three topics can't be debated all at once. Choose one, and, after you've ridden that horse to death, go to the second topic, do the same, then go to the third. You are simply acting as a group rather than debating the item individually. Your team against those with an opposing view of whatever doctrine you chose.

Examples ONLY:

OSAS?
    By grace thru faith PLUS ________ ?
    Water baptism essential?
    Holy Spirit a 2nd & subsequent event to salvation?
    Tongues?
    Prayer Language?

#1 DQuixote, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2007
  2. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

If we are limiting our lists to people who are in the same doctrinal position than my list would include only one person as there is only one person I know of on the board with orthodox teachings. Every other person on the board is at best heterodox or at worse heretical.
    The people who I would include in my list would have to confess complete agreement with
    Augsburg Confession
    The Apology to the Augsburg Confession
    The Smalcald Articles
    The Power and Primacy of the Pope
    Luther's Large and Small Catechisms
    Epitome of the Formula of Concord
    Formula of Concord - Solid Decleration

When I saw the title for the thread I thought we were going to be debating the theology of the Group Publishng materials.

#2 Chemnitz, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2007
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a debate forum.
    I believe that this thread would be better set up as a poll, where other people need not to be contacted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.