1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Let Us Sing Unto The Lord

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by tyndale1946, Mar 7, 2024.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every time we raise our voice in praise we not only see the words and have learned the tune if we sing it often enough but see in the top, off to the side the one who wrote it... Along with the one who set the tune and often it is the same one, who wrote the words... We all have our favorites and sometimes more than one... I have also wondered being a song leader for over 35 years, how did the song come to be, and I'm sure many have too... The songs touch the heart and soul and the meaning is from another world, where we long to go... And continue our praise to the Lord not just here but forever... I've always wondered the stories behind each song and the experience of the penman that brought it about... So I recommend this series of books and had no idea they have been in circulation a long time... Hymns have stories behind them and they just didn't appear on the page... So for those who are curious, I present "Then Sing My Soul", with the hymn on one page and across from it the story behind it... The following is the link, if your interested?... Brethren!!!... Let Us Sing Unto The Lord!!!... Brother Glen:)

Then Sings My Soul Trilogy