1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Let's get this out into the sunlight...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by kyredneck, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So biblicist was using two usernames at the same time against the board rules but some want to ignore that and work to blame his banning on others?

Sounds like Obama :laugh:

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Not really, he had not used Dr. Walter for over a year.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well he certainly made posts asserting that if you were not a cal you are not saved. Questioning the salvation of others will get you banned after several warnings. Either way the attack dogs seem to want to blame everyone else.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Dr. Walter is strange, he seems to have a stalker who has come on BB several times under various names and personally attacked Dr. Walter. It used to be that you could see several messages from this stalker on Dr. Walter's profile. They do not show anymore.

Whoever this person was, he really had it in for Dr. Walter, he seemed to personally know him and absolutely despised him.

This might be why he changed to The Biblicist, but that is speculation.

He does have a way of upsetting folks.

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe so.

It does seem that you mix propitiation (the payment for all sin of all humankind made on the cross - 1 John) and atonement (reconciliation) together, and that, I assume, is why you don't view the atonement as limited.

Perhaps understanding that all the times the word propitiation (only used in the NT) is used it is specific to the payment of sin on the Cross as being complete for all men.

Atonement (reconciliation) occurs at the point of belief when when one is reconciled (atoned) to God. It is therefore limited to those who believe and not spread in general to all men. That unfortunately some will not believe is clear.

Atonement is never used in the Scriptures as to all men like propitiation is used.

This is seen in the final judgment of all humankind.

At that last judgment, folks are not sent to hell because of the sins they committed - the books are opened to judge - to review the life, living and motives that there be no hidden agenda that is not revealed. But that judging doesn't cast them into the lake of fire for all sins have been paid. Rather, the casting into the eternal lake of fire is based upon the reconciliation. Whether their names are in the Book of Life or not. It is the reconciliation work of Christ that appoints the believer to eternal life.

You don't think that Christ reconciles (atones) every single person that has ever or will ever live, do you? That isn't what you stated you hold because some do go to the lake of fire.

Surely, you see that those not reconciled (atoned) do not have their names written in the book of life, don't you?

You seem fixed in your view and not a lot anyone says will move you from it, I suppose.

You answered the questions, and I do appreciate that.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

I would disagree, the scriptures speak of Aaron making atonement for all the people of Israel, but not every single person believed.

Lev 16:17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.

I think somebody gave you some bad information along the way.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I looked back and see he is not banned altogether just one of the two usernames.

8. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't read every post he made as Biblicist, but I don't recall him questing the salvation of others on the BB.

What I did see him do was expose a certain level of inconsistency. And in particular how some posters would be "moderated" and others seem to skate by with a wink and nod.

I haven't made up my mind on that issue but have taken the inconsistency as part of the human aspect of moderating. That the moderators must certainly become exhausted reading my drivel and can only react rather than be proactive.

Biblicist would push back, and often quite strongly when he was personally attacked. He would at those times mock and it could be viewed as insults and ridicule.

Too often, the posts on the BB (especially before the Cal/Arm forum was formed) bridged into insulting and ridiculing, and it is very difficult to remain above posts which would denigrate not just the view but the one holding the view.

I don't know of a person who regularly posts that hasn't responded inappropriately. It is important to just step away for a time and let a thread run with others.

I do not recall not having had good and reasonable responses from the moderators when I engage them in a discussion. We may not agree, and at times we get the sense that the other person really doesn't grasp what we think is Scriptural, but they do listen and respond, each having good reasons for what they hold as valid and Scriptural.

I would like to see the moderators go after each other, but I figure that there is an agreement among them to avoid that situation.

I don't recall the rules saying one could not have more than one identity, but that they could not post using both identities. As far as I remember, Biblicist did not break that rule.

Folks, Biblicist is still listed as a member of the BB.

Aren't those banned shown as banned on the "member list?"

Perhaps this thread is much ado about nothing?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A thread was closed because of it.

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Scriptures state that the blood of sacrifices could not do what the work of the Cross did and completed. Hebrew 10: "For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins."

That is why the word atonement is used in the OT and no where is propitiation used..

Atonement in the OT was never used as an equal to the cross or Christ would not have had to die. Hebrews 9 states:
    11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
    Do you see how the blood of the "goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer were for the cleansing of the FLESH?

Do you see how the blood of Christ was to cleans the conscience that one may serve God?

OT atonement sacrifices and offerings were providing a level of atonement (reconciliation) that looked forward (in picture form) to the cross, but never did they accomplish in full what the cross did. All they did was cover as a blanket or as the lid on the ark covered what was inside, but totally insufficient.

Look at your own selected Scriptures. Did the verse state in any way that the atonement was for "all men" everywhere in the world?

Compare that to the statement of 1 John where it says very pointedly "He Himself is the propitiation (complete payment) for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."

One other point, WHO was the atonement Aaron made for? Was it for Aaron, his household and the Israelis? Or was it to all humankind throughout the world?

Even your own verse shows that atonement (reconciliation) was limited and specific to those atoned (reconciled) and not in general to all men everywhere throughout the world.

Again contrast that with the verses in this link: All verses using Propitiation

Surely you can see the difference between atonement and propitiation.

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been somewhat taken from the BB and haven't followed all the threads, especially the more contentious ones.

Would you link what thread was closed?

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, it no longer shows up in the new posts and I do not want to research it. It was started in the last week and it was closed citing the reason.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't we stop "guessing" at what happened. Fueled by guess and gossip this isn't going anywhere.

I am shutting this one down and PROMISE to share the details (as much as prudent).

This is TEMPORARY CLOSING and will reopen soon

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, after repeated warnings over continued violations, the situation with the double accounts was not resolved and he was, per policy in place since we started in 2000, banned. He knew it was coming.

Whether there was "more to the story" - true hatred and attack involved (he was viciously stalked and attacked repeatedly) on the part of folks still here, including moderators, is a serious issue and realize that we few "in charge" will be following thru on the matter.

I personally consider his loss to the BB a sad day, though we certainly had differences over the years.

It would be good to limit comments on this thread (and certainly NOT make this a debate over sacrifices/atonement).

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I am sorry to see him go. I didn't agree with everything he said but that's true of anyone on this board or elsewhere for that matter.

I hope this problem with duel accts is resolved and he will be allowed to come back.

16. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You followed through with what I assume were the policies of the board. Those policies oblige compliance.

I commend you on pursuing the matter.

It must be extremely difficult at times just to keep pace with the high volume posts - in particular my dissertation long ones!

My heart is grieved when anyone is banned, no matter the cause. I have a sense of personal failure that somehow the inadequacy was sufficient not to allow expression and edification.

I like the board, and the challenge it brings to me to re-learn, and adjust to the principles of the Scriptures.

But at times, it is truly difficult to get past the posts that are clearly meant to damage and not edify.

Thank you for all you do.

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's another fellow here who has at least FOUR accounts open now.

What's so hard to understand about "Each person may only have one account"?

18. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Jerome, how do you know this?

19. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He loves the Bible, no doubt about that, he found a 'niche' in the Other Denominations Forum and became a fixture there (in my mind at least), until the Cal/Arm Forum was reinstated and no doubt he felt compelled to begin posting there, but he was 'divisive', on the Cal/Arm Forum he was deemed to be 'divisive'.

It blows my mind.

All this really disappoints me.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerome, have you given this information to the administrators?