1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liberal religion

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by massdak, Dec 19, 2002.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

it has become more apparent to me that liberalism is the means that seems to attack all moral decency and the gospel itself. watching the phil donahue show the other night seems to confirm how the mixture of illegitimate liberal religionist try to discredit Christians by saying that they too are Christian, yet they know a different bible a different jesus and a different gospel. satan has used the form of liberalism to attack the credibility of authentic preachers, the world is full of liberal theologians and liberal preachers that very in the way they mix error to discredit Gods word, i see many twist the word to say homosexual lifestyles are in fact not sin, they teach evolution and make the bible conform to the world by using it as metaphors that accomplish their liberal agenda. many liberal religionist support homosexuality, abortion, evolution taught in schools and God spoken of as either he or she etc.
    it sickens me to watch this unfold this way, but i know God has it all under control.
    all i can do is call on all liberal teachers and preachers to resign and leave their office.
    if i hear any more stupid comments like " i am a christian who believes in reincarnation" or i am a christian but i believe that other religions will be saved no matter what they live to believe, or i am a christian stop putting god in a box he will save who he wants no matter what the bible says. it makes me want to puke to hear this liberal religionist remarks.

2. Oh yeah, the other week I saw Jerry Fallwell on Donohue's show. I disagree with Mr. Fallwell on his Bible and music ,but he took a good stand on salvaion. The audience with Donohue asked Mr. Fallwell why many Fundamental Christians were so narrow. Mr. Fallwell in reply asked the young woman if she was trying to go to heaven without Jesus. She said yes ,and He said you'll not go that way. I am not for yoking up with Mr. Fallwell but there he did take a good stand.
    I also saw the other night where they had "Can you go to heaven without Christ?" I only saw a little bit of that one so I really don't know how conservative they were.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

CD, I agree with you about Rev Falwell. Don't get me wrong, I respect him, and his view on salvation is concrete. It's his views elsewhere that are often in erroe and get him in trouble, especially as of late.

As for the Donohue show, I didn't see it, but it sound to me like those who were Christians on the show were poorly versed in apologetics, something I feel is often lacking in our seminaries and even our pulpits today.

4. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

Isn't it interesting that Christianity in America may not be attacked by other major religious groups per say, but more and more by the secular world and the politically correct liberal masses. :(