1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty University

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Everyone, this my first post (on this forum anyway).

I am earning my Masters (Religion) at Liberty University(Baptist Theological Seminary) through their distance education program. I hope to graduate this spring/summer. Then I plan to go to Regent, get a MA in New Testament and a PhD in Systematic Theology (and maybe get a PhD in Apologetics as well, from Southern Evangelical). I hope to teach at Bible College/Seminary level one day.

I need prayers because I have put the "worst" classes off until the end. The two church history classes are fine, but church administration?

Anyone here a graduate of Liberty? Or a current student?

Martin.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am surprised that you can get any degree without a certain number of hours in residence.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberty does have some residency requirements. However many universities (etc) are allowing people to earn degrees with no residency. For example ECU (East Carolina University) has a distance program that, for the most part, requires no work in residency (as does NC State). Both schools are fully accredited as are their programs. Some of ECU's graduate programs require some residency but only in those programs where some residency is needed (ie...the graduate nursing programs). Most of thier programs require no residency. Liberty, in fact, is doing away with resideny requirements for certain programs. Regent allows only part of a Masters degree to be done through distance.

Thanks to technology education is changing.

Martin.