1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life in the Universe

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Mar 8, 2009.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If there is life out there, all we know is that God created it. Why would they have to be sinless? Or why couldnt they be? Maybe they are sinful and God chose not to save. Maybe the plan of salvation for them is totally different. I have no idea. Christ died once for sinful man on this earth.

You are right. In the vastness of space, there does not need to be occupation, but then again, it is not a hard and fast rule that it is empty.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

If life is out there, would you not consider that those 'persons' may have ate of the tree of life and are in effect beings of eternal life? I would like to entertain the aspect that Adam is the only creation that ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Angelic life did not have that choice (given that our knowledge of them and their life choices, is limited) it is safe to assume that we are the only fallen creation of God's own hands, His own Word and His Holy Spirit.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is certainly possible. In fact, it would not surprise me if there is not any life out there, nor would it surprise me if there were.

One thing, this thread is not about aliens and UFOs here on earth. It is about any life out there. I think there is a very good possibility that the sightings here on earth are demon related. The two issues are completely different.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How about angels? Aren't they living?

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BTW CS Lewis Out of the Silent Planet is a fun read for this type of speculation.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, and all that space and stuff out there just glorifies God. The fact that scientists don't know the number of suns, galaxies, etc in the universe shows how much vaster and greater God is than we can imagine if we can't even grasp the creation.

So in contrast to thinking God is limited by saying there is no life beyond earth, I think it is the opposite. The sheer vastness of the universe without having to have embodied "life" in it shows the limitlessness of God to us. Maybe it's a message to us; there is no need for other life to exist.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And all of that is nothing to Him in comparison to His seeking our reconciliation. :godisgood:

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe that if people would read and understand the last two chapters of the Book of Revelation they would see that this speculation is totally meaningless. And what does it have to do with Baptist Theology?

9. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

Or better yet, if heaven is in another dimension outside of time then when we get there will the Day of the Lord already have happened?

what if when everyone dies they all are dead at once from Abel to the last man who dies?

This may explain how when we die that we can immediatly be judged and go to our final destination rather be in a holding place

just a fun thought, hah

10. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 8:21-22 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Sounds like we are center stage in the cosmic battle. :type: