1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Like him or not ... Muhammad Ali has died!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 4, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He'd float like a butterfly and stung like a bee! But over the last 30 years he has fought Parkinson's Disease, and today he died of complications from the disease!

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/...|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=-856704364_htmlws-main-bb

With is passing, I wanted to ask what you thought about him as a fighter and a person? As for me, I was greatly disappointed in his conversion to Islam, but that was his choice! It didn't change his ability to fight, and self promote!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't that too bad?... especially for him.

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today we learned that Muhammad Ali (AKA Cassius Clay) has died. He is considered one of the greatest boxers of all time. He also had the greatest opportunity to get his life right with God, but rejected God's offer and chose another path. He now knows he chose the wrong path. I have no doubt that now that he knows the truth he would trade all that fame for one more chance to get himself right with God.

So many are celebrating his greatness, but the truth is It is a sad day for this man who has now learned it was all for nothing as he now knows the truth, but too late. If he could speak from the grave I have no doubt that he would warn all who are following in his path of rebellion to come to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ before they leave this world and find there is no second chance after death.

He followed mohamed but he will bow to Jesus.

Philippians 2:8-11 (KJV)
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly Judith. It's a sad day. He was a great boxer. But unless something changed, he is now in hell.:Frown

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He once bowed to Malcom-X, and later discovered that the white man wasn't all that devilish as Malcom preached, so he eased away from Malcom's teachings and became a peaceful Muslim! Still, he remained a Muslim and followed a false teaching and a non god, and like you say, today, he is going to kneel before Jehovah and confess the error of ways.

Like ALL of those on the highway to hell, Ali will bow before Jehovah Jireh, and acknowledge that He is the one true God! It is such a pity that a life like his was wasted on a false religion. It is even sadder that he will not come to enjoy the eternal city of Heaven and it's everlasting blessings!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He might sting like a bee, but now he knows what sting is.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a side note, I find it interesting that he said with conviction that his religion was a "religion of peace". You just don't hear that coming out of the mouths of Muslims much today...

P.S. I never gave the "conversion" a lot of credit. It (the "religion of peace" thingy) was just too convenient of a timing...

#7 Benjamin, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1