1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liking the New Living Translation (NLT)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Pastor Timothy, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reply to Deacon

I reviewed the above referenced verses and found only a few where I might quibble with the NLT translation team of expert. On the whole, I think they did a good job of presenting John's actual meaning. But since a few are ambiguous, i.e. Jesus speaking to Jewish temple guards who would carry the message back to the Jewish leaders, I would think a footnote is warranted reading "lit. the Jews".

One other point, Jesus was not only rejected by Jewish leaders, but also by many of the Jews, and so to create the impression His rejection was only by Jewish leaders, also misses the message. However, that truth can also be found in the NLT so they seem to have been motivated toward presenting the actual message with clarity, as opposed to some politically correct agenda.

2. Pastor Timothy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you all again for your relpies...to be honest, when you truly seek God & His guidence/wisdom through Scripture, I believe He will reveal Himself regardless of what version/translation you might be reading.

God bless you all in your works for the Kingdom!!!

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is just completely not true. There is nothing wrong with any inclusive language in this Bible. I wouldn't for a minute trust myself over the "All-Star" scholar panel that did the work on this one.

Next time, break out your ballpoint pen for the KJV. It's the one that needs it most.