1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Limited Atonement insanity.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Apr 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The perishing will not have their names in God's book. Exodus 32:33, And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.
    And Revelation 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
    To the original argument, Matthew 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next time you open a Bible peruse the chapter for yourself, for once. That's exactly what I did, why can't you do it? It's not in the context.

Are people born 'hellbound' due to Adam's transgression?

Do infants that die go to hell?

Do you believe in the 'age of accountability'?

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @37818 you continually post irrelevant to what's being discussed.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are so mistaken.
    Keeping one's name in the book of life!
    Matthew 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

#24 37818, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    unbelievable.

@37818 Christ's atonement did something for 'all men'. What was it?

18 So then as through one trespass the judgment came unto all men to condemnation; even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came unto all men to justification of life. Ro 5

What is this 'free gift of justification of life' that came to all men due to Christ's "one act of righteousness"?

#25 kyredneck, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a stupid conversation meant to create division among the brethren… and one that goes on and one and on… a retread discussion you can easily find in the threads involving Calvinists VS Arminians. My suggestion, give it a rest already.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI, this IS the C vs A forum.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Makes perfect sense … a forum specifically designed to start arguments. :Laugh Ding, round two. ;)

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ's atonement did something for 'all men'. What was it?

18 So then as through one trespass the judgment came unto all men to condemnation; even so through one act of righteousness the free gift came unto all men to justification of life. Ro 5

What is this 'free gift of justification of life' that came to all men due to Christ's "one act of righteousness"?

10. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you assume I didn't read the chapter for myself? I did, and I also read other people. What kind of a monstrous self esteem do you have that makes your reading the only valid interpretation of a passage. For most people, even on this board, the interpretation of prominent theologians and preachers carries more weight than my (or your) private interpretation.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:9-13, If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Romans 6:23, . . . the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you keep bringing this up. Here is Hodge in his remarks section of the scripture you brought up: " No. 5 If, without personal participation in the sin of Adam, all men are subject to death, may we not hope that, without personal acceptance of the righteousness of Christ, all who die in infancy are saved?"
    So, my question to you is, as an Augustinian Calvinist theologian, since he said this, does he still have to be wrong? Is the like minded opinion in this area of Bunyan, Spurgeon and Hodge, all Calvinists, to be discounted just because other Calvinists say that infants are damned?

• Like Like x 1
  13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Timothy 2:3-6, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, . . .

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But should it? We can each find prominent theologians who support our ideas.

In the end it seems we work out our own faith, even if by adopting the ideas of others who agree with us....or express ideas we like.

(Just thinking out loud....on my phone)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Adam gave all men condemnation. Christ gave all men eternal life. Hadn't realized that you are a Universalist.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 5:18 clearly reverses the effect of Adam's transgression on all men.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s an upper cut :Sneaky

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First you call me ignorant and now I have monstrous self esteem. Well that's okay I guess, considering that I think you to be a waffling, windy, wish washy, mugwump (and a thin-skinned one at that) that lacks the intestinal fortitude to take a stand on his own, content to let other men tell him what to believe.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong conclusion. Do to unbiblical reasoning.

1 Corinthians 15:22, For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

John 5:28-29, Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Revelation 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t candy coat it Larry… tell him what you really think. :Sneaky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.