1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured LIVE COVERAGE OF LIBERAL AUTHORITARIAN DEMOCRAT DEBATE

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that the first debate is over, I bet Biden announces within the week.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't really think so. I think if Hillary had kinda tanked, it would have given him an opening to jump in the race. But she did really well and probably closed the door to Biden jumping in at this point. He might make it interesting, but Hillary will still be the Dem nominee because they want to win come next November and she is really the only one on the Dem side who can just about guarantee a victory.

Not to mention that it would look really indecisive and unsure for him to jump in AFTER the first debate. If he wanted to be President, folks would have expected a commitment before these debates started.For that reason, I think he's not gonna jump in. But we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not watch but maybe 30 minutes, but what I saw was a very obvious "Non-aggression" pact amongst the dims, and particularly against Hill!
    Oh, and a stampede to see who could play the role of "Santa Claus" better!

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The questions started out tough, but got easy as the night wore on. Everytime I saw CNN's Dana Bash I thought of Jar Jar Binks.

Dana-Bash-Jar-Jar-3.jpg

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Besides the other's already promised to give everyone a free "scooby snack" for their vote.

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I watched very little of the debate It turned out like I expected, The Miss Piggy Show.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Diamond and Silk's take on the Democrat Debate

"this is the United States not the divided states" [​IMG]

#27 poncho, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I just saw bits and pieces of it and the ratings were less than stellar but there were no really breakout moments for any of them IMO. I thought this exchange was the roughest part:

and she handled it very well to me. About Biden, he IS making noise that he will jump in and will probably decide within a week:

http://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-decision-on-running-for-president-vulernabilities-2015-10

9. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

[QUOTE="Zaac, post: 2177016, member: 11453"
    Chaffee? Who cares?[/QUOTE]

Chaffee looks like Thing One and Thing Two from the Cat in the Hat cartoons.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ventriloquist's dummy.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be right. Three weeks maximum.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you compare the line up of Democrat candidates to the line up of Republican candidates one can truly see which party is diverse and which one looks highly racist.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Clinton News Network: CNN Clearly Wants Hillary for President

For the most part, there really wasn’t anything controversial about CNN’s presidential debate last Tuesday, which is exactly how the mainstream media likes to present their “debates.” They’ll never offer anything challenging to their viewers. All they do is shower the flavor of the week with attention and adoration while largely ignoring any candidate who might have something interesting to say; or worse, those candidates will never make it to the stage in the first place.

Really, these debates have nothing to do with informing the public on their presidential choices (if you can call them that). When election season nears, outlets like CNN have only two goals. First, they want to fuel their dying ratings, so of course they’re going to give the most air time to whoever happens to be popular. And second, they will manipulate the discourse surrounding the debate, because their secondary mission is to shill for whichever candidate is the establishment pick. And boy, did CNN manipulate the hell out of this debate.

For starters, the debate was clearly all about Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Everyone else on that stage, existed only to maintain the illusion that an actual debate was taking place between diverse voices. Just ask Jim Webb.

Continue . . . http://www.thedailysheeple.com/clinton-news-network-cnn-clearly-wants-hillary-for-president_102015

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I said what I'm about to say again months ago. The GOP is reactionary. They are pushing Ben Carson because they want the world to think (1) that the party isn't filled with racists; and (2) that the Democrats chose a black man who didn't know what he was doing, but they, the all-knowing Republicans could choose "the right kind" of black man. Kinda as a one-up to what the Democrats did.

Only problem is that the country has moved on from the fascination and progressiveness of having a black President and have moved on to having the first female President. And these are the kind of things that the GOP just cannot seem to grasp.

We're in an age where being the first to do something has a certain appeal to folks even if they don't closely follow politics. Politics has become more marketing than substance.

Now had the GOP run a black nominee in 2012, things might be a little bit different today. But it's OBVIOUS what they are trying to do now. And they remain behind the learning curve.

Now if the GOP had been pushing someone who more readily represented a Hispanic background, then I'd say "Play ball" with the 2016 election.

As it stands, this will be over as soon as Hillary gets the Democrat nomination.

#34 Zaac, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The GOP isn't really pushing anyone, yet. I still say Rubio is the only Republican that can beat Hillary. He's been slowly inching up in the polls.