1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for a good teenager KJV Study Bible

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Jul 6, 2007.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, these things are hard to find. There are lots of NIV ones but I have heard that some of those contain some things that are not very good such as this below:

It is some of the information on these pages that is alarming. These pages give the standard dictionary definition for the topic, and then Zondervan provides an "alternative definition" for the topic. The "alternative definition" is obviously aimed directly at the Christian teenager.
    For instance, on the color presentation page for "money" the Teen Bible gives the standard dictionary meaning: "mon-ey (mun*ee) n. –the official currency, as coins and paper notes issued by a government". And the teen "alternative definition" given is a harmless "—what you never have enough of when you go to the mall". Ok. No problem. Most of the "alternative definitions" are trivial – but some of them are hard to believe.

Take the topic of "sex". The Teen Study Bible gives a standard dictionary definition, but the "alternative definition" is disgusting. Remember this is aimed directly at impressionable Christian teenagers. The "alternate definition" (1993 edition) for "sex" is "—another fun thing mean adults tell teenagers to keep away from."

[SIZE=+1]Are you listening?[/SIZE]
    Sex is "Another FUN THING MEAN adults tell teenagers to keep away from"! Does anyone seriously believe that such an "alternative definition" would DISCOURAGE hormone-crazy, Christian teenagers to abstain from sex? Is that not like throwing fuel on the fire? Can you imagine a parent telling their daughter, "Yes. Honey, we don’t want you to have sex because it’s so much fun".

Does anyone have or know about a Teenage Study Bible that actually states this above?

Meanwhile, I managed to only find one KJV Study Bible for teenagers called:

KJV Axis: A Study Bible for Teens

Does anyone know anything about this one?
    Anyway, not trying to stir up anything, just wanted some feedback. Thanks.

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if I put this in the appropriate area.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my! I've never heard of that, but then, I'm not real familiar with teen study Bibles. Have you checked CBD? (Christian Book Distributors) I think they sell them. I have no idea what brands they sell, but you might find one you like.

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

5. Psalm 95

Psalm 95 New Member