1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for Calvinism/Arminianism Debate Forum?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! And 5 new threads to boot! I think it’s good that the BB had this “sudden” change of heart and brought soteriological discussion “out in the open”, I really do.

…best wishes!

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an old forum we put on the BB many years ago but fell into disuse. But now this doctrinal debate has arisen again and appreciate Skan's reminder to everyone to put ALL C/A threads in the proper place.

It keeps our work of "moving" one (at least "one" every day it seems) to a minimum!
    :love2:

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the forum now has 105 threads ready to be read.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking today about how sometime we are asked to give out testimony.

And generally we tell about how we came to Christ.

Would Acts 26: be Paul's testimony?

Does Paul testify of how he came to Christ or does he testify of how God called him. Where in his testimony does he tell of feeling the drawing of the Holy Spirt?

Here is his testimony.

And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
    But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

God through his Son Jesus called Paul according to purpose and for purpose.

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1 Tim 1:12,13

God translated Paul from darkness (unbelief) unto light (belief).

There were others with Paul that day. Do we have record of God calling any of them? We are told they could not understand the voice. Why was just one set of ears opened to hearing and understanding?

• Like Like x 1
  7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do babies die. Because:

Heb, 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die (< which I think was appointed before the foundation of the world, otherwise how could it have been appointed for the Christ, as of lamb, to shed his precious blood, before the foundation of the world?), but after this the judgment:

He was created, is born, that way.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he (the Christ) also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Hebrews 2:14

How could the Christ come in that manner, for that purpose, had not the first man, Adam, been created that way?

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

God created the first man Adam, for the purpose of the manifestation of the Son of God, in order to destroy the works of the devil.

The devil was and had been doing his works before God planted a garden eastward in Eden and put the man he had created in the garden where, Satan, the devil, that old serpent, already was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.