1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for information on homeschooling in Canada

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by Carnold23, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23 Member

I am looking into homeschooling my two children.
    My baby is too young for now but my oldest is due to start SK next year.
    I am a newbie to this.. Is there curriculum guidelines? Aids as in books, teaching tools? Do you have to go through the school board or can you go in alone?
    I appreciate all your help in advance.

2. ElenaP

ElenaP Member

I'm really not sure about the legalities of homeschooling in Canada. I know it can be done, but not sure who you have to "go through", or if you just don't register your kids into regular school and that's it.

You should contact the school board though, and find out where you can get copies of the provincial curriculum. I'm sure they can be found online too. Then you should review the curriculum expectations for each grade and teach to that. There are teacher resource stores around the country that have resource books and lesson plans/units that cover the expectations, but there is no one "go to" resource, you just have to piece everything together yourself.