1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

loss of salvation out of free will?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Mar 19, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I know that Christ Lives in us once we're saved, and that when we sin he 'departs' from us, whatever that means, but can we force him out-meaning revoking are acceptance of him and his salvation?

2. standingfirminChrist

The only way one can lose salvation is to reject it's offer in the first place. Once you are saved, you are saved for good.

3. UnchartedSpirit

so my rationale is The Holy Spirit engrained in you gives you a higher mentality that allows you to find no reason not to leave him?

I should give the inspiration for the topic here: unable to reject God?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Amen standingfirm, and I like the tiger [​IMG]

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Brother Spirit,
    The first topic you posted relates to OSAS. The one you just posted gets back into the Calvinsim thingy.

6. UnchartedSpirit

OSAS? Calvinism? I thouhgt R.C Sproul was Calvinist, and he sounds alright...

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Brother Spirit,
    Just my opinion, once saved always saved is a part of Calvisim, but lots of people who are not calvinists believe in once saved always saved.

8. mima

mima New Member

If it were possible for a person to reject their salvation by their "free will", and that makes their free will stronger Than God's ability to hold them. And of course that's just crazy crazy idea. If God cannot keep us from falling(JUDE 24)then his word is not the truth.

9. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

I also believe that once you are saved, you are saved for good. There is another board I post at in which the members are arguing this OSAS thing very severly, and the truth is, I posted a few times about my belief, and was attacked for it. I guess it is because I am a Baptist that I disagreed with their "you can lose your salvation" talk. That is why I joined this board, to get back to common ground, I guess.
    I am weary of it all.

10. UnchartedSpirit

so I shouldn't know what OSAS is then

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Where do you get the idea that Jesus Christ departs from us when we sin?

12. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

Jesus died so that our sins are forgiven, so I don't understand how anyone can think that he departs from when we sin. Being saved does not mean that you will never sin, but that if you repent from your sin, you will be forgiven.

13. UnchartedSpirit

taht's what I was told-he is never participating with is in the sin, so he has to have left-that departure is that empty feeling of guilt is it not?

14. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

If you feel guilty, then you are repentant, so God forgives you.

15. UnchartedSpirit

but what about where it says 'if he deny him, he will also deny us" ?dosent that mean if we change our minds about salvation he wil too also?

16. ChristineES

ChristineES New Member

It is in the Bible that if you deny God, He will deny you. But Peter denied Christ 3 times, repented of that sin and was forgiven and holds the keys into the kingdom. I have a hard time believing that most people who are truly saved would change their minds and decide not to believe in God, although it has been done. I believe that although a person will abandon God, that God will not abandon him. That is a personal belief of mine. I also believe that if any man abandons God, was never truly saved to begin with and he knew it in his heart that he was not saved. I know it sounds incredible, it doesn't to a lot of people I have said it to. Certainly not every one agrees with me either.