1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Love your enemies?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), May 13, 2004.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take it anyway you please, I don't care.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That much is claer pinoy

back to the purpose of the thread

"In the light of the passage in the OP, how does a Christian soldier respond. Nations may have to fight wars, but how about the believer in the foxhole who reads passages about loving his enemy? What takes priority, that passage or Romans 13? And if it is Romans 13 why is it that so many Christian ignore Romans 13 when it comes to taxation, registration, licensing, and traffic laws, etc? "

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Let me say this very clearly, C4K.

I am ready, willing, and able to live with Muslims anywhere. In my country, in your country, in my neighborhood. I will extend help to peaceful Muslim neighbors if they need it, invite them over as neighbors if I have a party, invite them over to church with me if they will (as a matter of fact, a church member of ours has some Muslim neighbors who go to our church at times). I think that is showing love to them.

But, as long as they are Muslims, as long as they adhere to that religion, I will not TRUST them, and trust must be earned, it does not necessarily come with love, because that religion is like a simmering coal inside each Muslim, all it needs is a little wind, and the fire of hatred and rejection of all non-Muslims will rage.

What I have always cautioned about is blindness to facts about Islam's goals. While the Bible tells us to love our enemies, it also tells us to be harmless as doves, but wise as serpents.

I did not say that every Muslim's head should be cut off, but, that I hope somebody does the same thing to this executioner.

I know I have offended you in the past with that post I had about some Bibles hardly worth the name Bible, so anything I say will always be suspect as degenerate or unchristian to you.
    Now I may be wrong, but, that's how it appears to me these days.

Like the true Bibles of any version say:

A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle. (Proverbs 18:19).

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I don't remember the Bible statement. I think you may have be confused.

You have never offended me, even with this post about cutting off the criminal's head.

I disagree with you, and you will notice did not even mention your name when I posted what I said about the head being cut off.

No offense here my brother.

[ May 14, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Christ4Kildare ]