1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Loving your church

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Gina B, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What are some things church members can do strengthen their relationship with each other, thereby building a stronger, more close knit group of believers? [​IMG]
    Gina

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1 -- Fellowship
    Dinner tonight at 5, all invited, bring your favorite dish. [​IMG]

Rob

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If I leave now I might just make it. [​IMG]
    Gina

4. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Judge not lest ye shall be judged...

To be honest this is the best way.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prayer. Genuinely caring for others.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Get involved with the various church ministries.

I've NEVER asked a Pastor if there was something I could do to help and gotten "No" for an answer!

7. amridgerunner

amridgerunner New Member

We did a birthday dinner once a month for a couple of years. It was nice. If your birthday was that month you got to be in the beginning of the line. We sang Happy Birthday and everything.

Our Pastor also has a neat way to dismiss us. He says "Ya'll hug about 14 people before you leave" The kids really like this one. You can hear them counting.

We have AWANA (we run a bus and usually have around 100-140 kids and teens)

We have a week of VBS in July. We always have A LOT of kids. Kids really bring the adults together.

Hope this helps.

A.M.

8. superdave

superdave New Member

Get to know each other, not just surface like you get at church most of the time.

We have Adult Bible Fellowship classes (formerly known as sunday school) and our class is about 20 couples. We are together for Bible Study on Sunday, and various activities outside of church. Within the class, we also have care groups. My wife and I work with a group of four other couples that we work with to help encourage each other. We get together regularly, and do things to help each other out. Recently one of the women in our group had surgery and was on crutches, so my wife got other ladies in the class to sign up and provide meals for her and her husband for the time while she couldn't get around very well. That is an example of something that is a little thing, but has been a great encouragement to people.

The idea is that we get to know these couples well enough that we know their needs and can be a support system for each other.

I have found that when you pray for people, and get to know them well enough to pray specifically for what they are dealing with, it is tough not to care about them. It just happens.

9. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Pray with each other, pray for each other.

10. delly

delly New Member

You should pray for each other and let others know you are praying for them.
    Show love and genuine caring for others.