1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lynne Cheney Outraged by Remarks

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gershom, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

It's simple. I'd simply appoint people who are both moral and competent, the best I could tell. If someone wanted to stand up and say, as you suggest: "you have to appoint a certain percentage of perverts", I would simply refuse. There might be a struggle, but some things are worth fighting for. Are we simply to throw away God's principles because a small minority of wrong people say we should?

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hey, I'm just as firm on this as you are but I think you're still dodging the question.

You cannot refuse to hire people in the Federal Government because of Sexual Orientation. It's not a struggle. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW! ILLEGAL! You'd go down in History right alongside Clinton and Nixon as being Lawbreakers while in the White House.

Yes it needs to be changed.

IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED BY PEROUTKA.
    IT WILL NOT BE CHANGED BY JOHN KERRY.
    IT MIGHT BE CHANGED BY GEORGE BUSH.

I'll take a MIGHT BE over a WILL NOT any time.

3. Pennsylvania Jim

So, when God's Word and man's law are in conflict, we follow man's law, willfully, with no resistance?

4. Pennsylvania Jim

And, BTW...usuallt the draconian laws that the Federal government passes do not apply to them, only to everyone else. Are you really sure that there would be a legal problem at all?

5. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

God's Word says that Homosexuality is a sin as is gluttony, alcoholism, adultery and a whole host of other sins.

If we could zap every sinner in Washington - who'd run the country?

We live in a real world not a coffee shop fantasy.

6. Brett

Brett New Member

Given that most politicians are unrepentant liars, I fail to see the difference between appointing a homosexual and appointing any other politician.

7. mioque

mioque New Member

"What do you propose, a random selection by lottery to fill the highest appointed positions in our government?"
    "
    The Athenian Democracy in ancient Greece did just that with certain offices, apparently it used to work. :confused:

"Any president can find qualified moral people."
    "
    I hate to say it, but the number of prominent Americans with a position of moral authority that get caught in a scandal is such that I disagree with that statement. :(

8. Pennsylvania Jim

That is a dostortion of God's word. Homosexuality is named specifically by God as an abomination.

If you think that two men (or two women) having sex together is no more serious than eating a few too many pieces of ham, I don't know what else to say.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Actually, God says that touching the flesh of a swine at all is an abomination. However, most Christians think that was under the Old Covenant, and not part of the New.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

And in the New Testament, Jesus did away with the ceremonial law, but confirmed the moral law, which in the case of homosexuality is clearly reinforced in Romans 1 and other places.

11. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Pa Jim,

You should be a politician.

You only see what you want to see -regardless of what is before your eyes.

12. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Kerry and Edwards knew exactly what they were doing by making comments about Dick Cheney’s daughter. It was low, very low. Let’s see just how low they can go before November 2.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I agree.
    What matters is that they love their daughter unconditionally. Whether they think she's wayward or not is, frankly, none of our business. However, we should not equate parental love to being a measure of parental acceptance of children's actions, or the lack thereof.

14. Pennsylvania Jim

Like I said above, it Cheney were not Vice President of the United States, it would be none of my business.

Loving a wayward child and denying that they are wayward are two very different things. I don't want a Vice President who doesn't coinsider unrepentant homosexuality as wayward.

15. Pennsylvania Jim

Well, I'm not the hottest Christian around, but this is not about me. What part of my argument can you refute?

16. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

EXCELLENT post!
    [​IMG]

BTW, Hardsheller: where have you been? I haven't seen you posting that much lately.

Hope all is well with both of you,

BiR

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Don't know that I would have recommended using it, but I don't see how "it was low, very low." As a matter of fact, Vice President Cheney even thanked Senator Edwards for his kind words.

18. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Unbelievable that there are "Christians?" who wil support sodomy! (I am not necessarily talking about people on this board). Then there are others who will equate this perverted lifestyle with lying, stealing, or some other sin. The truth is that God turned sodomites over to a reprobate mind. He did not do this to other sinners. This means that sodomy is the final step to total apostate and should be opposed at every turn.

19. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Terry, and are you a Peroutka-vite as well?

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Terry's our board Democrat. ;) ;)