1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man With Twin Living Inside Him!!!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 2, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2346476&page=1

Man With Twin Living Inside Him -- A Medical Mystery Classic
    Another Person Lived Inside a Man for Nearly Four Decades
    Aug. 23, 2006
    78 comments FONT SIZE EMAIL PRINT SHARE RSS Sanju Bhagat's stomach was once so swollen he looked nine months pregnant and could barely breathe.

(ABC News)Living in the city of Nagpur, India, Bhagat said he'd felt self-conscious his whole life about his big belly. But one night in June 1999, his problem erupted into something much larger than cosmetic worry.

An ambulance rushed the 36-year-old farmer to the hospital. Doctors thought he might have a giant tumor, so they decided to operate and remove the source of the bulge in his belly.

"Basically, the tumor was so big that it was pressing on his diaphragm and that's why he was very breathless," said Dr. Ajay Mehta of Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. "Because of the sheer size of the tumor, it makes it difficult [to operate]. We anticipated a lot of problems."

Mehta said that he can usually spot a tumor just after he begins an operation. But while operating on Bhagat, Mehta saw something he had never encountered. As he cut deeper into Bhagat's stomach, gallons of fluid spilled out -- and then something extraordinary happened.

"To my surprise and horror, I could shake hands with somebody inside," he said. "It was a bit shocking for me."

Removing the Mutated Body
    One doctor recalled that day in the operating room.

"He just put his hand inside and he said there are a lot of bones inside," she said. "First, one limb came out, then another limb came out. Then some part of genitalia, then some part of hair, some limbs, jaws, limbs, hair."

Inside Bhagat's stomach was a strange, half-formed creature that had feet and hands that were very developed. Its fingernails were quite long.

"We were horrified. We were confused and amazed," Mehta said.

A Mutated Body Within a Body
    At first glance, it may look as if Bhagat had given birth. Actually, Mehta had removed the mutated body of Bhagat's twin brother from his stomach. Bhagat, they discovered, had one of the world's most bizarre medical conditions -- fetus in fetu. It is an extremely rare abnormality that occurs when a fetus gets trapped inside its twin. The trapped fetus can survive as a parasite even past birth by forming an umbilical cordlike structure that leaches its twin's blood supply until it grows so large that it starts to harm the host, at which point doctors usually intervene.

According to Mehta, there are fewer than 90 cases of fetus in fetu recorded in medical literature.

2. BaptistLady02

BaptistLady02 New Member

Wow. That is horrific. I'm glad they found out and were able to save the man's life.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Most bizarre thing I've ever read!

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually know someone who developed a "brain tumor" a few years ago. When they went in to remove it, they found hair, teeth, bones, and other human body matter. Apparently, his twin's fetus became trapped in his skull in utero, and remained there, mostly inert for much of his life. Then in his early 30s, the deformed fetus started growing inside his skull creating a life-threatening situation.

Fortunately, the surgery was successful. Unfortunately, his has problem maintaining the proper level of spinal fluid and it goes out of whack every few years, requiring hospitalization.

His story creeps me out.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

ok...i don't think i have ever seen a thread more gross than this one.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Talking about keeping somebody on your mind... :BangHead:

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Thread title reminds me of THIS.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This takes "am I my brother's keeper" to a new level :)

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

that was bad...way too funny, but still pretty bad!:laugh: